Lowell Skullduggery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have recently been chased by a company called Lowell who I’m sure you are familiar with, they are suggesting I owe them £8000+ for a debt with a company called Cetelem. [brought in 2005]

I have no recollection of ever having a debt of this level and I’m pretty sure debts from when I was younger have all now been sorted – I have been ignoring their letters to date as I don’t really want to enter into correspondence with them having read what they are like.

Skullduggery:

Yesterday I received a small A5 calling card with 2 boxes on the front, one saying we tried to delivered something to you (left unticked) and one saying we tried to contact you (with the box ticked). It also says they will try to contact me again between 8am and 8pm [their details are underneath the boxes in small text]. Now initially I wasn’t happy that people had been coming to my flat but then I noticed there was a post mark on the rear and it was 2nd class posted – now forgive me if I’m wrong but they appear to be sending these cards to make it seem like someone visited me and clearly this is not the case!

Any advice? Should I just return to sender?

Additionally how do companies like this find where you live, I may not even be the person they are looking for but how do they obtain the information in the first place that makes them suspect you owe them?

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Ignore it but keep it, its evidence of their bully boy tactics. I've got quite a collection now.

Abbey

6/10/06 - £1260 received in bank charges :-D

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 1

1/2008 closed file:)

1st Credit

4/2007 alleged debt

7/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT

1/2008 Mackenzie Hall threatening legal action

2/2008 closed file:)

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 2

7/2007 CCA'd

11/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT :?

Lowell's continue to harass :(

Lowell

6/2008 alleged debt 3

6/2008 CCA'd

Guest forgottenone

Yep, I've had one at a previous address. They were trying to trace someone who lived there before me. Still have it around somewhere. Also remember something in the papers about them or on Watchdog, which is *fortunately* knew what it was etc. Tried to report it to TS aka Consumer Direct; sadly, never got anywhere, even though it was TS themselves through the paper report wanting reports of them.

So can vouch for that.