Can Barclays Get Nasty?

katielshaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

JUST WANNA SAY TO EVERYONE MEGA THANKS YOUR THREADS HAVE GIVEN ME CONFIDENCE AND I SENT MY FIRST 2 LETTERS TODAY, AM GEARING UP TO TACKLE MY CURRENT ACCOUTN WITH BARCLAYS BUT NEED A QUESTION ANSWERING - I HAVE A GRADUATE LOAN WITH THEM WHICH I HAVE MANAGED QUITE SUCCESSFULLY SO FAR, IE NO CHARGES. HOWEVER FOR ALL MY TIME AT UNIVERSITY WHEN I COULDNT EVEN AFFORD TO EAT THEY WERE HITTING ME WITH CHARGES LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE. ONE DIRECT DEBIT TOOK ME £5 OVER MY LIMIT, FOR WHICH BARCLAYS CHARGED ME £30 TO BOUNCE, AND THEN £30 FOR THE CHARGE OF GOING OVER THE LIMIT! THEY ARE THIEVES AND I SO DESPERATLY WANT TO GET THEM, I DONT CARE IF THEY SHUT MY CURRENT AC DOWN, BUT COULD THEY ALSO SHUT MY LOAN DOWN AND DEMAND REPAYMENT FOR THAT . . . . . ANY ADVISE WOULD BE FAB KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE X

next directory - sent dpa, chasing £500 charges

hitatchi capital bank - sent dpa, chasing £750 charges

BARCLAYS - estimated £1500

PRE LIM SENT TO CAHOOT 20/07/06 - £2905 CHARGES

Data Protection Act SENT TO I.F. 20/07/06

Data Protection Act SENT TO BARCLAYS 20/07/06

Prelim request sent to First Direct £694 + £3.10 interest 18/07/06

Data Protection Act Letter sent to Hitachi Capital Bank 10/7/06

Data Protection Act Letter sent to Next Directory 10/7/06

I sent off my Data Protection Act request a week ago, today they have snatched my debit card and also cancelled all direct debits and standing orders without notice so yes they can get nasty.

I have set up a parachute account which I will change to.

Quick question I have asked my employers to pay me by cheque whilst things sort out, can I cash this cheque over the counter of the bank or do I have to use one of those dodgy cheque cashing services.

Gaz more determined than ever now !!

You should be able to pay the cheque into your parachute account. You probably won't be able to cash it at a bank as most cheques are crossed which means you can only pay them into an account. I would steer very clear of the dodgy cheque cashing companies if at all possible.

Barclays don't normally get nasty but there are some exceptions.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I have questioned various fees prior to this site and recently went over my o/d limit which most probably didnt like. They have never informed me or even issued a warning about this, if they had then I would have perhaps done things differently. I rang the usual robot in the call centre but he offered no help at all aprt from offering a short term loan.

My message was just to advise that they seem to be doing things and then asking later in order to protect their interests. May be me being paranoid but things only happened after I mentioned recouping charges.