Cannaught Collections - STATUTORY DEMAND - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first post for me too!

I have a similar position to keypulse, I received a SD from Connaught today through ordinary non-signed for post, the document was dated (Saturday?!) 26th July and so has taken a week to get here!!??

I am inclined not to even start a dialogue with this outfit, should I ignore it or will I be acknowledging the debt if I go down the set aside route?

Many thanks.

Guest forgottenone
I am inclined not to even start a dialogue with this outfit, should I ignore it or will I be acknowledging the debt if I go down the set aside route?

That would be remarkably silly I have to say. If you ignore it, they will obtain it by default. If it's a genuinely issued SD. Without being able to see it eg scan, then use Photobucket to insert the image here ... would be hard to say.

Someone more expert will be along soon with what to do with this.

I have scanned the (edited) document, 4 pages in total and they are here:

EDIT: I need 5 posts to post the url's - coming shortly!

There was no other correspondence with it, no covering letter, etc.

The document only mentions my local county court and not a specific one local to me which makes me think they are treating this as a mailshot exercise.

Any advice welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi all, first post for me too!

I have a similar position to keypulse, I received a SD from Connaught today through ordinary non-signed for post, the document was dated (Saturday?!) 26th July and so has taken a week to get here!!??

Many thanks.

Quick update.

2 months after receiving my genuine looking SD, I have been sent a letter telling me that

"...we may pass your account back to our client to consider a doorstep visit" (:eek:)

and "Contact us immediately to state your intention to pay and take advantage of a discount of up to 50%" (:rolleyes:)

amongst other things.

Should I indulge them with a CCA request now, or just leave them to it? I owe them precisely £0 and am half interested in actually letting them take me to court as long as I get my costs paid. Could make a nice day out of it.