Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank You Pinknico

very much appriciated im in a sling now as i had to go back to the hospital today as my lower right arm swelled up today and was painful this was due to internal bruising where they punctured my artery to insert the catheter.

But im ok thanks

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

im in a sling now as i had to go back to the hospital today as my lower right arm swelled up today and was painful this was due to internal bruising where they punctured my artery to insert the catheter.

Ouch!!! :eek:

Good to have you back PF...but just make sure you take it easy now!! ;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Well you only need one hand to use a keyboard and mouse so im doing fine lol

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ok an update on my case,

1 have today received a witness statement from a Ms Powell in response to my defence i sent in before i went to hospital.

I point which has crossed my mind is, I have up until now received all witness statements from and signed by Optima legal but this one has come from mbna could optima legal be getting nervy as per the DN.

Anyway i will post it up and gauge your thoughts before i send mine in, in response to it.

It was by the way as per usual 2 days late.

Regards

PF

Oh one more point it says in the court order dated 3rd March 09 that its up to me if i want a rep from mbna at the next court hearing, How do i request this should i just send a letter to optima legal requesting that they be present or do i send the request to court for them to request via an order?

Regards

PF

Ok as promised here is the latest witness statement from a Ms Powell

PAGE1FB.jpg

PAGE2FB.jpg

PAGE3FB.jpg

PAGE4FB.jpg

PAGE5FB.jpg

PAGE6FB.jpg

Enjoy

PF

ah thats different

two for the price of one

bet they try adding the costs to their schedule of costs too

watch out for that as they should only charge you for one statement

Firstly they say they make this statement in response to my witness statement on the 12th March 09.

Well that was not a witness statement but a defense lol

They also say the account number was clearly printed on the poc well ive checked again and nope its not.

In 1.5 they waffle on and make no statement as to why i did not receive the docs until the 30th December 08 some 4.5 mths late

In 1.6 its a poor explanation why it took 4.5 mths to send docs lol

oh and the best bit they state proceeding where not issued until the 11th july 08 well as the default was nonce proceeding should not have been issued at all

Plus they have not explained why they produced in court a dud DN with changed dates and clauses

Edited by pompeyfaith

Go get 'em tiger!:D

Glad you're on the mend, but take heed of the warning. Don't be afraid to ask for adjournment if you don't feel up to court. Your health must come first.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm sorry but dont 1.9 and 1.10 go against each another...

"Mbna are a sophisticated financial institution that is fully aware of the CCA"

"nothing more than a clerical error on the part of the claimants computer system"

:D:D:D:D:D

A computer system is only as good as the people who set it up. That could be very useful information for a LOT of MBNA peeps.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A computer system is only as good as the people who set it up. That could be very useful information for a LOT of MBNA peeps.

I would actually dispute that... A computer system is only as good as the TESTING carried out on it prior to going live.

If they knew the CCA so well their test scripts should have been set for a complete lifecycle of an account including defaulting accounts.

Apologies for being a geeky pedant:D

I'll let you have that one pmw.:p

(New system coming in at work next week and guess who's been testing!:eek:)

Indeed Fred i am now going for the kill on this as i said my witness statement will be one week late in court but under the circumstancies i have good reason for it being late i.e. hospital

I have started my witness statement last night and hope to have it finished this weekend and get it to court on monday along with a copy of my hospital discharge notes.

I do not want to rush this witness statement id much rather take the weekend to get it right as hopefully that will be the kill.

Oh did you notice in there statement how they tried to explain why it took 4.5 months to supply the info i requested at the start of this case, that info arrived some 6 weeks after they applied for a SJ and 1 week before the SJ

At the last Trial that got adjorned because of the above and there failure to insure i had all the relevant info in the case and there failure in denying me my right to file a defence humans rights act you think ?

Fred interesting comments you have made thank you for that.

Soon as ive finished the statement ill post it up to see if anyone can improve on it.

I do believe the ball is in my court now and i can win this if i get the next statement correct and factual.

Regards

PF

Edited by pompeyfaith

I'm sorry but dont 1.9 and 1.10 go against each another...

"Mbna are a sophisticated financial institution that is fully aware of the CCA"

"nothing more than a clerical error on the part of the claimants computer system"

:D:D:D:D:D

Beaten to it again, I thought this was a contradiction. Methinks they are using a quote made by the Judge in the Rankine case :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes CitizenB they are indeed and making a right rash go at it to, their latest offering of a WS is a joke.

PF

Yes CitizenB they are indeed and making a right rash go at it to, their latest offering of a WS is a joke.

PF

Thats almost as good as cohens produceing a totaly differant DN (including differant logo and a made up post code), together with a copy of an archived agreement that bore no resemblement to the actual copy they included in the witness statement:p in my recent case, lets just hope your judge has the same reaction as mine did;-)

Hiya Blind as a bat

MY original DN was dated 14th April 08 stated clause 3 as the breach and gave a remedy date of 28th april 08

The amended DN which i did not see until it turned up in the court bundle was also dated 14th April 08 but gave a remedy date of 1st may 2008 and stated clause 8 as the breach.

Also the text on both where the same but laid out different as the ameanded one was on two pages.

The ameaded DN was also not on MBNA headed paper

originaldefaultnotice1.jpg

MBNADEFAULTNOTICE.jpg

PF

Edited by pompeyfaith

Hmmm if that was a true copy of the default notice it would breach the companies act anyway, as it must bear the companies registered address and registration number according to a letter from companies house someone posted in another thread;) so may be something else to add to the list

Question is are they stateing its representation of the DN or a Copy, cant remember how it was worded

Hmmm if that was a true copy of the default notice it would breach the companies act anyway, as it must bear the companies registered address and registration number according to a letter from companies house someone posted in another thread;) so may be something else to add to the list

Question is are they stateing its representation of the DN or a Copy, cant remember how it was worded

It also breaches the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) as it fails to set out the name and a postal address of the creditor or owner as laid out in schedule 2 of the regulations, regulation 2(2) paragraph 2.

Nonetheless, they could argue that this is what I would term a 'white or file' copy and the address etc are normally included on the headed paper as a matter of course.

Where PF has got them bang to rights is on the anomalies in the DN (bet they were hoping you hadn't kept yours PF!!) date/clause changes which seems extremely suspicious to me!! :D

Also PF, they haven't allowed you the 14 clear days...is that included in your defence for the dodgy DN??

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Ok, call me cynical but is their revised date just a coincidence.....

14/4/2008 Monday - Date of Default Notice

Assume they Posted same Day via 1st Class Post

15/4/2008 Tuesday – 1st Working Day after Postage

16/4/2008 Weds - 2nd Working Day after PostageThis is Date of Service

17/4/2008 Thurs– 1st Clear Day

18/4/2008 Fri –2nd Clear Day

19/4/2008 Saturday – 3rd Clear Day

20/4/2008 Sunday – 4th Clear Day

21/4/2008 Monday – 5th Clear Day

22/4/2008 Tuesday – 6th Clear Day

23/4/2008 Wednesday – 7th Clear Day

24/4/2008 Thursday – 8th Clear Day

25/4/2008 Friday – 9th Clear Day

26/4/2008 Saturday – 10th Clear Day

27/4/2008 Sunday – 11th Clear Day

28/4/2008 Monday – 12th Clear Day -

29/4/2008 Tuesday – 13th Clear Day

30/4/2008 Wednesday – 14th Clear Day

1/5/2008 Thursday – STATUTORY DEADLINE -

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More