swinton insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

wonder if somebody could help me i took out a insurance policy with swinton on 27th june 2008 and payed the deposit all was good

until.... i received a phone call from swinton caerphilly branch to ask me for my details of my second car.

i was very confused as i only got one car i explained this to the guy on the phone and he then informed me that i had inputed on the form on the internet that i had put two cars.

i explained this must of been a mistake on my behalf and i was told not to worry as he would do a re calculation based on the one car and would call me back with the quote but he never rung back that day.

we rung him the next day where he had informed me that he had canceled the insurance policy the same day as he had spoken to me and agreed to ring me back with a new quote.

i told him it was disgraceful and hung up.

my partner then told me to ring them back and speak to a manager

so i did i spoke with the manager of Caerphilly office and explained what had happened and how his colleague les had told me he would do a re calculation of the insurance based on the first car and call me back.

and that today he had informed me that he had cancelled the insurance without no warning or mention of it day before.

the managers responce was discusting not only was he rude and up himself he told me that his colleague les must have forgot to ring me in regards to the quote and that anybody can forget something.

i told him that they were ment to be a reptuable company and that reptuable companys dont promise to ring there customers back and forget and they certainly dont forget to tell there customers that there not insured.

i had been driving my car the same day i was waiting to hear back from them so i mentioned to the manager that i had been driving the vehicle unaware that i was uninsured on the same day this les was ment to of rung me back and i explained what would of happened if i had an accident he said that they would of honoured the claim as it being there fault which i think is crap they would of left me high and dry!!

i do not understand why this les guy said he would do a re calculation and then same day cancel the insurance without notice.

i have had no written confirmation as yet that the insurance has been canncelled.

are they allowed to leave me uninsured without giving me notice??

is there anything i can do in this matter as i think its totally discraceful

sorry for the long post any advice would be much apreciated

regards

birde

Hi,

First of all, take a deep breath!

You made a mistake, they have admitted that they have made an error in not getting back to you at the correct time, but have confirmed holding you covered. Have a look at

ASKMID

and see if cover is in place on your car. Although this is not definitive, they may have issued a cover note in the office. Give them a chance to sort the issue. After all they want your business and they are not out to upset you for the sake of it.

Reflect on the fact that had they not spotted your error, you might have been paying long term for something that might not have protected you in the event of a claim on the grounds of non or incorrect disclosure.

H

I'm surprised they couldn't re-calcualte the premium without having to cancel the policy. However, as long as it gets sorted out, I don't think there's any need to worry, because if you had an accident they would have to pay out as it was their mistake for cancelling the policy without telling you. They haven't handled the situation very well though (particularly by not calling back when they said they would) so you could put in a formal complaint and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't bother pursuing Swinton. After all, reading your other thread, the car's been reposessed anyway.

Eh - birde - you're in a bit of a mess, aren't you.

Hope things improve for you soon :)

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)

I wouldn't bother pursuing Swinton. After all, reading your other thread, the car's been reposessed anyway.

Eh - birde - you're in a bit of a mess, aren't you.

Hope things improve for you soon :)

well good news is getting a new car on Wednesday with no finance involved so as they say good always comes out of bad!

but i am sure bad will be along again soon to ruin my day lol

regards

birde