For my good CAG buddy...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lissen up peeps...those who attended the inaugural CAG Pasty Meet/Eden Picnic will back me up on this - a five gallon tub of Bookie's so called rice salad appeared...and a five gallon tub of the stuff departed at hometime...

And as for the inaugural CAG Mod Meet, the scenario was exactly the same...

Pots au chocolat - I would certainly give them a try, but Bookie's rice salad...???...I wouldn't touch it with yours...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to point out the obvious, but that is NOT a rice salad. :rolleyes:

Oh dear Bookie, no wonder you're leaving us ... grey matter failing you? :rolleyes: It is salad avec slug, silly!!

:D

THIS is rice salad ... though I'm sure not as good as yours ;)

2258_MEDIUM.jpg

:o

THIS is rice salad ... though I'm sure not as good as yours
Sorry...oxymoron alert...the word 'good' should not appear in the same sentence as Bookie's rice salad...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Nope - underneath (in the properties) it clearly mentions slugs...I'm with PB on this one...

Errrr no, that is grilled chicken salad, says so underneath. :-?

Errrm, Minty Summer Rice Salad, I think you'll find :rolleyes:

I don't know about my remaining grey cell, luv, but your eyesight is b*ggered. :-D

Heehee, that is NOT in dispute, and my jolly old judgement too on occasion :lol:

Phew, I'm so pleased you're not totally going Bookie :)

I'm sure you will have your reasons but a break's as good as a rest and I'm sure you will come back with renewed vigour.

Please say you're not going to go altogether though :eek:

I have spent many hours reading your posts (not all 18,000 of them I have to say :D I'm saving the rest for when I retire :eek:) and have been both amazed, totally creased up laughing and almost in tears (but also full of admiration ;)).

How you can respond so politely to some of the cr*p you have had thrown at you I will never know :D

Anyway, I digress - so back OT, I think I'm off rice salad for a while - will stick to my pasties :lol:

I wondered the same think Bookie, lol.

Spicey, having tried the rice salad at the inaugural CAG meet I can definitely recommend the chocolate pots. Yummy!!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

cheerleader-1.gifI wondered the same think Bookie, lol.

Spicey, having tried the rice salad at the inaugural CAG meet I can definitely recommend the chocolate pots. Yummy!!!cheerleader-1.gif

Traitor. :mad: Edited by Bookworm

Mind you don't get CAGbotted please Madam (English spelling).:mad:

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

my rice salad is wonderful and very very tasty

Actually I have to agree, even though it would be fun to join in and take the mickey like everyone else.

Even the weird looking really thick vinaigrette type stuff which went with it was rather yummy.

I remember you posted the recipe in the old Bear Garden. Alas it has now gone with all those posts. Perhaps it should be reposted for everyone's benefit.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I remember you posted the recipe in the old Bear Garden. Alas it has now gone with all those posts. Perhaps it should be reposted for everyone's benefit.
There's always one, isn't there, one who really has to put a fly in the ointment...here we have all and sundry decrying the rice salad (because it is yukky) but you have to say it is nice...and then you ask for the darned recipe!!!

Heavens man, don't encourage her...I don't think I could survive seeing rice salad for a third consecutive year...

Even the weird looking really thick vinaigrette type stuff which went with it was rather yummy.

It looked like someone had had a bad curry the night before ( keeping it clean ) and your saying you even tried it :o

Spicey n Caro cheerleader-1.gifI'm with you on this one ... Barra your just creeping lol

Perhaps it should be reposted for everyone's benefit.
I agree ... what not to make Edited by Janet-M
forgot the cheerleader

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

how come conversations on here always come back to pasties?

Makes a change from sheep .. thats what the convo always use to go back to do you remember ? :D aint heard sheep mentioned since SS started on pasties ..

In case anyone missed this, BTW:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cag-meets/135154-18-19-july-liverpool-5.html#post1603365

Jan's buying the first round, so get there early!!! :-D

yep I'l buy anyone a drink on 17th :p if you need a bed let me know

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

rice salad is nice but only if it has what u like in it. Pt you sound like my other half when u rabbit food. he says anything with the word salad in it is rabbit food.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Ah Barra Barra Barra. I know you have your principles to consider, but if you ate anything but veggie food you would realise that rice salad just doesn't do anything for us confirmed carnivores who are used to the taste of so much more scrumptious goodies.

I was served a veggie risotto t'other night which looked remarkably like the offending salad. Best of it was I was on a sodding sheep farm and they had loads of chickens too. What was that all about?:rolleyes:

I have yet to sample the delights(?) of the rice salad. I would like to try it before making judgement. Any chance of an invite (apart from the Liverpool gathering. I would really liked to have met Janet)

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.