• Tweets

• My story starts with being issued a windscreen PCN on 8/3/24 which was almost immediately removed and a second  PCN was then  sent by post on 13/3/24  [deemed delivered 15/3/24] which I did not receive and had to send an sar to have that particular mess revealed later  but that is not the reason for my complaint. UKPC then sent a Keeper Liability Notice dated 12/4/24 warning me that as 28 days have now elapsed, I as keeper am now liable for the charge.  This is in direct contravention of PoFA since the keeper does not become liable to pay until the day after the original PCN is deemed to have been given which would have been 13/4/24 -a Saturday ]. Not only does it not comply with PoFA but it fails to adhere to your Code of Practice and is in breach of their agreement with the DVLA.  I have included copies of both Notices for information. You will realise the seriousness of this situation if this is standard practice from the UKPCM to all motorists or just those where windscreen tickets are involved since the Law regarding PoFA is being abused and it is unfair to misguide motorists. I await your  response which I understand will usually be within a week.
    • It probably deletes after a certain time. What a shame you did not check at the time. However I have no doubt that there was a PCN envelope under your windscreen wiper  as shown quite clearly on one of the photographs. . It would seem strange that it was placed there empty hence the reason I stated a second Notice was issued [though not necessarily sent. As I said in that letter to IPC that was not what the complaint was about and probably  IPC will ask about that at the same time if they accept you  going direct to IPC for the other matter. It is immaterial how many original PCNs were issued or not issued. You are able to show the two that you have from their sar one of which coincides with the one you received in the post and that is the one that does not agree with the date times of PoFA. Thus breaching not only the Act, but also the IPC  Code of Conduct and the ability of UKPCM to obtain data from the DVLA. So leave that part of the letter as good to go. However as it is as Dave [Thank you Dave!} pointed out that it is UKPCM and not UKPCI have amended the letter and posted it below.
    • Its based on 10% annual depreciation, divided by 52 weeks and then x the excess number of weeks that they have had the vehicle for, after the agreed initial 3 week repair.
    • LOL LOL LOL Don't need that many to deport a handful of volunteers - at best Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show Cant have hundreds of well paid people in a department deporting a single volunteer when we have an upcoming election to lose now can we - VIPal drenched in riches and departments full of pals well paid for doing nowt will 'sadly soon be history - was rumored to in a text from a soon to be ex-minister texting in from one of his main jobs in a number of industries he will soon be unable to help.   Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show  
    • try it.... use recuva or file scavenger or glary utils
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EXPERIAN... The final battle commences

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good...its a petition.... meant to be ;)

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi finlander you mentioned six years but DCA are chasing old debts as old as 10 years. Do Banks and other lending institutions keeps old agreement older than six years and if so what reason would they do that because it must take up storage space and money.

Are they allowed by law to keep old paper work over six years if it is not applicable for them to do so.:mad:

Surely 10 years is statute barred?.... check with a mod but I'm pretty sure that they can't go after you for that and certainly can't register it:eek:

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy. What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

POST THE LETTER AND SIGN THE PETITION AT POST 88 ON THE LINK BELOW TO GET THE OFT TO INVESTIGATE THE CRA'S

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-campaign-oft-against-unfair.html

The head of a rather large DCA once told me " Statute Barred means the debt cannot be enforced through the courts - if a debt is owed then anyone is entitled to ask you to repay it, just because it cannot be enforced through the court does not mean we cannot 'ask' for it " ( some nicer than others)

So that's why they do it - they ask...some might feel a moral obligation because they knew they had the money and actually repay it to the dca. Can't blame them for trying I guess, but members of this happy site know the remedy though. The profits gained by these people on just a few people agreeing to repay is enough to keep them in wine and a good living.

Sarah

Yes Sarah, but as we on here know, once the DCA or whoever is chasing has been informed that a debt is stat barred and that the account will not be paid, it's against OFT guidlines to request payment ;) It's probably against CPUTR 2008 as well but I've not looked into that yet...Oops :p

Six years does that mean that banks and dca can retain documents that is over 10 years old and if so what is the purpose of it. Is it for DCA to harassment people for money that they have no legal right to do so. If they have the correct paperwork then why not send it out at the beginning before they start to send out are begging letter and then threats to take court action, telling lies as if they could take court action they would do swiftly as they would have a legal right to do so. 'No' DCA's would rather harass people with they continuing games and constant phoning people these people should be stopped and soon before more people commit suicide.:???:

ALLWOOD,

You could always ask them for the £10000 you think they might owe you but you can't remember why exactly. It's just as much legally unenforcable, unprovable etc but they think it's ok so why can't you. In fact lets make it a nice round £1000000. while they are scratching their heads trying to figure out what your on about tell them to get lost ......;)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

seriously tho allwood... these peole rely on the oxygen of verbal communication. It gives them a chance to brow beat you and act big. If they call answer the phone and as soon as it is apparent its a DCA just put it down.

keep the letters they send as future evidence but ignore any threats as the useless flatulance they are. Keep an eye on your credit file just in case they try it on with a default. but don't let them get you down. Its all hot air and rubbish.

AND DONT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT.

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Don't want to distract your thread Finlander, but this article's worth taking a look:

Post 1173 CAG CRA SAR...

Information's 'big money' Allwood - makes my blood boil!:mad:

BUT things must change.

No more suicides caused by unscrupulous DCAs, fuelled by... ??:mad::mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

SOSUMI,

I agree they do have power and unfortunately access to all the info they need. And thats great for them and the labour party. For all care they can sit in the office and have information fights by throwing pieces of paper at each other all day. However the moment they publish it that becomes a different matter........ Its the law then.. and the defamation act is powerful....... I think we need the OFT involved as well... I have started a thread here..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/153512-attn-moderator-please.html

go and have a look and put your comments down to see if we can get CAG to officially back this and sticky it on the front page....

We can stop this if we just stand together and get on with it.......;)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Now if Experian had just removed these defaults... I would have gone away.. but Millsy (good old Millsy) has p*ss*d me off a bit so Im in it for the longterm now.........:p

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Now if Experian had just removed these defaults... I would have gone away.. but Millsy (good old Millsy) has p*ss*d me off a bit so Im in it for the longterm now.........:p

your not the only one. will stand with you all the way on this one.

had enough of getting refused for things i messed up in the past. i couldn't helped it getting laid off i didn't ask for it. not 2 days before xmas.

i agree why don't CAG help us by putting up a sticky, whos it going to hurt.

ALLWOOD,

You could always ask them for the £10000 you think they might owe you but you can't remember why exactly. It's just as much legally unenforcable, unprovable etc but they think it's ok so why can't you. In fact lets make it a nice round £1000000. while they are scratching their heads trying to figure out what your on about tell them to get lost ......;)

your post made me laugh finlander, I might just send some thing like you said to the DCA's that have been trying to extract money from me without any authority whatsoever. :mad:

Subbing......with interest, will read it thoroughly

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Im off folks...work finished home time... will be back tomorrow for some updates... who knows perhaps Millsy(good ole Millsy) will have written to me by then and we can move onto the next stage in the plan......

sweet dreams.......;)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

This is part of my next letter to all CRA's this is something that I believe will cause them to spit their morning coffe buns all over the office.

sparkie

I also do not and will not accept the statement made by CRA’s that they cannot remove any data without the consent of the supplier and will make strong representations to this fact in any court proceedings should they be necessary. Which again I state I will take if also necessary.

If this was true then a CRA could not remove/suppress any data from any individuals credit file as you say you will do if you receive no confirmation from any supplier (verification) to support the data they have supplied.

Even if you do not receive that confirmation according to the statement “you cannot remove it without their specific consent.” You cannot remove it ......(or soyou say) because they have not given you the consent required for you to remove it.

If you can and do remove it this confirms that fact that all CRA’s can remove data without the consent of the supplier at any time they desire.

Therefore the statement that is made contrary to this ............is a misrepresentative statement under the Misrepresentation Act 1967., under which a statement is either.... true or false ....there are no such things as half truths .

Edited by Sparkie1723

Anyone who hasn't seen this thread

please have a look and see if you can give any ideas....;)

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

Hey Finlander.

Callcredit have removed the barclays default notice from my credit file. now to go and get them on the cabot one for the same debt. and the hillesden one that has been removed by hillesden.

as Hillesden dont own the debt they can't mark the credit file if im right on this. it has to be the original creditor correct. got them, on this one to. barclays have closed the account and accepted to not chase the debt. due to bank charges that amount to the same amount.

the debt was never sold. Hillesden only had the notice off assignment. but that was a fake.

Hi

I'm subscribing to this thread with great interest, as upon checking my credit file again today (last checked in march) Orange have logged it as updated in June, but the balance they are reporting is incorrect. i have evidence of all the standing orders made to them each month, and the balance they recorded doesn't reflect these payments!! :mad:

1) Anyone challenged a phone company & got them to update your file/remove a marker of your account being in default?

2) Are mobile phone companies even regulated by the CCA?

3) If not, can they record info on your creditworthiness?

4) What happens if they terminate the agreement? Do they terminate my permission to share data with 3rd parties at the same time?

Sorry to hijack Finlander.... am really backing you on this one :)

Edited by zosaphine
edited due to my rubbish spelling!

Best to start your own thread if you haven't already. however, I managed to get Vodafone to remove a default with one letter. It depends how much the default is for. I basically sent them a very polite letter explaining it was a simple mistake and that default for such a small amount would have a HUGE affect on my credit worthiness and would they please consider removing it. 7 days later it was gone as a "good will guesture".

I believe Mobile companies are NOT regualted by CCA1974. Yes then can record info with the CRAs because you gave them permission when you signed your contract. On point 4, it appears to be a complex area but ICO's take on it seems to be that consent is only one aspect of sharing data with the CRAs. I don't believe trying to withdraw your consent would be effective but I suppose nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It should be noted that mobile companies are notoriously difficult to deal with. I would HIGHLY recommend trying the softly softly touch first ("pretty please remove the default Mr Orange, it was a big mistake on my part, I'm very sorry"). If you go straight in with the heavy handed approach (CCA, DPA etc) they'll probably just tell you to go away and you've already burned your bridge.

Hope this helps. If you need more help, send me a link to your thread when you've created it.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]

Well.... Im feeling quite unloved now...Millsy (good ole Millsy) hasn't written back yet........:(... bored... waiting is dull.....who can I annoy as I wait..... I know...... AA Car loans... we are about to pay ours off and I'm sure they charged us a late payment fee once....... will take it out on them :p

Sun Tzu 'The art of war'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks