kemjvm v HSBC

kemjvm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all!

Here's where I currently am...... and I will be needing help and advice :D

Went onto internet banking about a month ago and looked at my past 6 years statements - for anyone who didn't know you could do this, you can! So, compiled a list of all charges made on my account and wrote my "Request for Repement of Charges" letter asking for my money back on 20th June giving them the 14 days.

Got a reply from "David L Johnson" on 23rd June saying they were looking into this, blah blah blah, and have another useless leaflet!

Then got another letter dated 3rd July more or less saying "we charge you because we can, it's in our T's&C's". Don't want to type out the full letter, but if anyone wants to see it, let me know and I will try scan it and post it here. They also add at the end that if they do not here from me in 8 weeks they will consider the matter resolved.

So I'm now going to write my "Letter Before Action" letter, which I believe to be the next stage.

Does all of the above sound familiar to people on here? Also, is there anything I should look out for/do next? I know that the bank are testing me to see if I will take this further, but any advice at this stage would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Once the 14 days is up from the date of your preliminary letter (request for repayment) then go on ahead and send your Letter Before Action.

Good Luck :) :) :)

My opinions are just that, I will help if I can but I am NOT a professional. If in doubt seek legal advice.

READ THE FAQ'S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! AS IS THE USER-GUIDE!

My active claims:

Owed £150 from Barclays.

Husbands claims:

Owed £1049 from Lloyds.

Glorious Victories!:

Barclays Joint Account- Settled £823.

HSBC Joint account-Settled £50.

Studio- Settled £80.

HSBC Student account- Settled £560.

Lloyds Credit Card- Settled £72.

Freemans- Settled £40.

Abbey Joint Account- Settled £330.

Waiting till all claims settled then Donation-A-Rama.

:D

Thanks for your support.

LBA prepared, and in the envelope as I type..... will be going Recorded Delivery tomorrow....

Thanks again - I'll keep this post updated

No need to send it Recorded Delivery - just an ordinary First Class stamp will do.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.