misconduct/gross misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My understanding for what it's worth is they should have issued you with the evidence against you, ie. the text message and proof that it was you who sent it......I would say tomorrow admit nothing, keep to their procedures, highlight their failings in following them and ask that the original disciplinary be reconvened in order to allow a proper hearing to take place.

Good luck

Vonnie x

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

Hi ,

thought I'd give a quick update on my case, Its 3 weeks since I had the first letter informing me of an investigation, & 2 weeks since the meeting, they have yet to get back to me, in the first letter 3 weeks ago they stated it could take up to 20 days but no longer.

Aswell as my case there has also been another case running with another member of staff which I have been involved in as her Rep, she was actually dismissed for allegations of theft which was on very dodgy evidence, anyway we had the appeal hearing on Friday & the decision was overturned & she has been re-instated, much to the annoyance management.

Today I was due to have a meeting with the Head Teacher & someone from HR as well as my area Rep, this was called because of the troubles going on with various members of staff, from , pay, equality etc.

My area rep has received a call from HR saying the Head doesn't want me at the meeting, as part of the meeting will be to discuss my case.

We can't believe them, as before my investigation meeting 2 weeks ago, my area rep tried to talk to the Head Teacher about me , to which the Head said that she couldn't discuss the case as she was not the investigating officer.

It just doesn't make sense.

Just updating again,

My area rep insisited on me being at the meeting yesterday, informing them that they were ignoring an elected trade union rep which the local authority recognises, the head relented & agreed to my being there.

They also informed my area rep & myself that there is going to be a hearing about my case & they were just going through the details & then will let me know, my area rep told them that as far as she's concerned & the head office of the union, this is victimisation of a union rep & this will be taken forward as such, to which the head & her HR rep said they disagreed (obviously), & that the head would be sitting on the panel at the hearing, my area rep then said, well you want to be very wary then, to which the HR rep said, well ok we will have someone else.

Its just unbelievable.

As a side note, we had to discuss other problems occurring with other members of staff.

The personwho had her job re-instated has had a major confidentiality leak, started by the head who has laid the groundwork to make it very difficult for her to come back to work without having to defend herself.

The head stated to all members of staff that this person was dismissed & rightly so according to the evidence, but that the decision was overturned, to which members of staff said that as far as they were aware this person had been off on long term sick as was put on the sickness board, and then to top it all off after the head made this statement, a member of the office staff then decided to tell staff all about the case, what it was & the very fine details that only someone that was privy to this info would have known.

So now the union have issued a victamisation against this person & the Head for this case aswell, also stating defamation of character & slander.

These are the people sitting in judgement of me.

sorry its so long winded but I thought a little bit of backround info.

It sounds as if your area rep has things well in hand. I’m glad she insisted you were in the meeting, shows your employers that you will not be bullied.

Stick with it and please keep us informed.

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update,

Its 2 week since that last meeting I was in & still I haven,t heard when my hearing will be.

They have to give me five working days notice, which means even if I receive it tomorrow, that would make it next Thursday & I along with other union members are on strike next wednesday & thursday, and then I break up the next day (friday) for 6 weeks.

I just don't know what game their playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought I'd give another update, well I sill haven't heard a word about my hearing, and now I am on holiday for 6 weeks as we broke up yesterday.

I along with other union members were on strike this weds & thurs, & picketed outside my sch, this was a national strike, but my head decided to take it personally & had a go about me to other members of staff that were not on strike, saying that it was my doing, & in the words of other staff members being very bitchy about me.

She came out to the picket line & tried to intimidate me, but I said that everything we was doing was legal & gave her a letter stating that.

She done this infront of 35 other union members to which I have their support, as they are disgusted by her behaviour.

When I returned to work yesterday, she blatently ignored me.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Along time since i posted on here, but I didn't have anything to report.

Untill now.

Well After hearing nothing about my hearing from management since this started in March, I received a Letter informing me of a hearing date for the 10th Oct. I couldn't believe it after all this time. Any way I have been off sick, so couldn't attend & they have yet to make another date. But in the mean time I have been offered another job, So I will be handing in my resignation.

Also the Head teacher is under investigation, as large members of staff have written letters to the local authority, governors and other senior staff complaining about the Head teachers practices with regard to employing family members, without advertising the jobs, one of the family members was 15 when employed, also for giving a tender for a huge contract to a family member.

The local authority are now investigating.

So I am so pleased to be out of it.