HID Conversion Kits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You best solution carlover is to go get the HID and then look around for a car to match that, can't go wrong that way.

:D

Whats is a HID anyway??!?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

:D

Whats is a HID anyway??!?

It's a conversion, usually made by chavs with Saxos, to the headlights that makes them appear an intense white or blue.

You can get bulbs with a blue hue in them and do a cheap conversion by just changing the bulbs.

Proper HID lights (High Intensity Discharge) as opposed to coloured halogen bulbs must have automatic headlight self-levelling fitted. This is why they are so expensive as a factory option on most cars.

Without automatic self-levelling, they are illegal to use in this country (indeed anywhere in the EU). Automatic self-levelling does not include the rotary dial in most cars - this is manual adjustment, not automatic.

I have HID conversions on both my japanese cars and they give twice the light of xenon bulbs and are amazing value for the money. about £90 a set only for dipped beam mind. so you need to have seperate main and dipped bulbs.

the best colour is 6K ( degrees ) which is near pure white. higher than this and they get bluer, very chave. lower and they tend towards yellow.

The kits are usually just plug and play and providing they are adjusted you wont have any problem. just make sure you get the correct bulb fitting H1/H3 etc.

Also use less power about 35w each against uprated bulbs which can 100w.

I have had mine in for about 18 months and no probs with MOT or people flashing at me.

combined with upgraded mains and driving lights its like driving in daylight.

Sorry, WAY, I merged the spammer's post at the wrong place, and now your post is at the top of the thread, my mistake and apologies!

:D I've been called worse.

I guess if I ever have a question about HID conversion kits and start a thread some other mod may ban me???:D

patdavies= conscience fairy!

Thank you:D

A forum which is in the business of providing advice to members fighting the illegality of businesses/government should not condone illegality amongst its own members.

/conscience-fairy mode on/

BTW, you have informed your insurers that you are now driving a modified vehicle - haven't you?

Otherwise, in the event of a claim, your insurers have a get out from paying you anything...

/conscience-fairy mode off/

Edited by patdavies