Global Vantedge

mack187
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I am currently in DMP with Payplan, one of my creditors MBNA have accepted my negotiated payments but are still hitting me with charges and have sent me over my limit, I have know extra money to pay this as I am using all my extra monet to pay payplan. I have written to MBNA to request the return of Unlawful charges, which amounts to £200 which would clearly account for the £53 overlimt which they are now demanding, I have also told them that I cannot and will not pay the £53 because it is made up of unlawful charges.

Today I have Received a letter from Global Vantedge acting on behalf of MBNA demanding payment and threatening sanctions, Now they know I have no money, they know I am in Debt management, does anybody know anything about Global Vantedge? Should I be worried? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Found out a little more about them, they are based in New Dehli India, obviously cheaper for MBNA to chase their bogus debts from their, Should I explain to the that I am claiming back charges that make up the overlimit amount and therefore dont feel I should have to pay, where do I stand legally with that??

You're going to enjoy dealing with this bunch of cherubs - they are MBNA's pet collection agency. you'll get at least two calls a day, every day - do yourself a favour -

go to http://www.spymaster.co.uk and get yourself a telephone recording device. This lot will try to wear you into the ground.

Always ask for the LoginID of the person you're speaking to, they will get very shirty at this point. Also i'd inform MBNA that you don't wish to be contacted by this or any other agency working on their behalf.

I'd challenge their claim to your debt - infact tell MBNA in writing to confirm that they now have no firther claim on your debt as they have sold it on, or alternatively tell GV that you will only deal with MBNA. We don't have any home phones connected thanks to this bunch of tossers.

IF they have your work number they will harrass you continuously at work as well.

I really sympathise with you. You've got to be thick skinned and just either ignore them or screen your calls.

I had so many phone calls from this crowd of idiots I eventually refused to answer their ID verification questions on the basis they were calling me so must know who I am. Ask them to verify their identity and tell them if they can't then to stop phoning you as harrassment is a serious matter.

I also spoke to MBNA and told them if I received any more calls or letters from GlabalVantage that I would be taking legal action. The phone calls stopped very suddenly.

You have NO legal obligation to speka to any collection agency acting on behalf of any bank or credit company.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seeing the name Global Vantedge makes me feel sick to my stomach. They harassed me so badly at the beginning of this year that much of the reason I'm claiming back charges from MBNA is just revenge for the all the trouble they put me through.

Global Vantedge called my home, my work, harassed and threatened our switchboard and office secretary, and had a 25 minute shouting match with my husband when he refused to let them speak to me. They managed to get over £100 out of me which I certainly couldn't afford, just so I could get them off the phone when I was at work. In the end I called MBNA in tears and was literally sobbing down the phone before someone finally agreed to get them to stop harassing me.

And for how much? £40 overlimit.

NatWest current account

!!Won: £1841 charges!!

MBNA credit card (Virgin)

!!Won: £200 charges + £50 goodwill gesture!!

Co-Op Bank credit card

!!Won: £225 charges!!

Halifax credit card

!!Won: £220 charges!!

Natwest credit card

Offer received and accepted, waiting for cheque!

Lloyds TSB current account

On hold due to upcoming test case

That says it all doesn't it... psychological destruction for 40 pounds...

The worst of it is, that they are in india, and don't really care what damage they do.

Nor do MBNA.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I picked this up from another thread but it might help with the phone calls tell them they are in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949. It worked for me. When the phone calls started at work, I put on my telephone voice and very politely informed the this was my place of employment and if the wished to speak to me regarding my private business, they should contact me at home. I never received any more.

Mind, I was dealing with MBNA and not the India bunch.

Good luck

Moneydownthedrain