• Tweets

• you mean you did aos on mcol yes? pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.   dx  
    • The Letter of Claim information is not absolutely essential, but it would be useful for two reasons. Firstly, judges take a dim view of companies or individuals who rush to court without giving the other party notice and a chance to settle - the Letter of Claim.  If they didn't send it we could include this point in your defence and it would be detrimental to them. Secondly, we know Countrywide.  They are a very small cowboy company.  The are reluctant to do court, simply becasue they are very bad  at it.  Their record of beating Caggers in front of a judge is exactly 0%.  They have lost every time.  They send the Letter of Claim also to look for people who don't reply, thinking that the person might not reply to a claim form either, giving them an easy default win.  Conclusion - always best to reply to a Letter of Claim and ridicule the PPC's case.
    • Any update here? I ask as we have someone in a similar situation.
    • It's possible.   I suffer from ADHD and also anxiety and depression currently and struggle with paperwork.  I'll have a search around to see if i can find anything.  If they did send something I haven't replied.   I thought there's no way that they will pursue this because I know for a fact i didn't park in a private space and the evidence they have sent is so ridiculous.   What impact does this other paperwork have? Thanks!   I already sent the acknowledgement as i panicked and thought today was the last day to respond.   Then i remembered this wonderful forum.  I'll follow the steps in the sticky next.
    • The particulars of claim doesn’t mention statement of accounts.  Should I include that in the cpr letter?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Emble v Barclays - Radbroke Hall Replies!

embleton01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:D Well I've finally done it, after reading the forums and FAQ's for a while now I sent my Data Protection letter on 4th July. Received my reply from Pete Townsend on the 7th saying statements on the way.

All seems to be following the usual pattern of the other forum threads so its fingers crossed time !!!

I'm also going to claim for my hubbys credit card and my Mums bank charges. Her charges are going to be HUGE but the support and stories on these boards has given me the confidence and motivation to claim them back for her.

Thanks all in advance and I'll keep you posted.

Parachute Deployed !!! :-D

Data Protection sent to Barclays - 04/07/06

Reply from Pete Townsend - 06/07/06

Statements received - 12/08/06 - Claiming £200

Prliminary Letter sent 27/09/06

Reply from Martin Bennett 03/10/06

LBA sent 16/10/06

Partial settlement offered 25/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

OH NatWest Credit Card - Paid in full

Thanks Paul, It's nice to know there are others rooting for you :)

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

Hi Embleton, welcome to our gigantic famly.

While you are waiting for your statements to arrive, have a good read of the FAQs and this forum to familiarise yourself.

If you have any questions, then post them on this thread. The answers won't be far away.

Good luck with your claim.

:D

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Rooster

The support is much appreciated - I'm also running a NatWest claim in another thread for my OH. I'm spending most of my free time reading the threads and FAQs and am really enjoying reading about other peoples fights and successes.

And WHEN I am successful in each and every claim the first thing I'll be doing is pressing the DONATE button.

Good Luck to all you fellow claimants out there !! As if we need it ;)

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, still waiting for my statements. By my reckoning they have until Saturday to reply. I've been reading through the forums about different experiences with Barclays delaying tactics and I'm wondering what the best thing to do is. Should I ring them and remind them they only have until Saturday to comply, or, just wait until the 40 days are up and send the template letter about none compliance that Bankfodder posted?

Been a bit busy the past few weeks as I'm getting married on FRIDAY !!! :D

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

Hope all goes well on Friday.

I think the General advice is don't get involved with telephone calls with Barclays. If you send a letter (recorded delivery is best), then you can prove to a court what has been happening.

In the past few weeks it seems Barclays are using all of the 40 days as yet another delaying tactic. When I started my claim in May they were sending back statements within a few days.

Spotty

AQ sent now waiting for Court date

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

Hi Emble

Hi all, still waiting for my statements. By my reckoning they have until Saturday to reply.

They have 40 Days from Receipt of the DPA request, which I recon will be the 14th August, if received on the 7th July.

I've been reading through the forums about different experiences with Barclays delaying tactics and I'm wondering what the best thing to do is. Should I ring them and remind them they only have until Saturday to comply,

You could ring them to chase them up, but probably they are in the post now, or they will wait till Friday to send.

or, just wait until the 40 days are up and send the template letter about none compliance that Bankfodder posted?

If they have not been received by you by Mondy 14th, send the Non compliance letter

Been a bit busy the past few weeks as I'm getting married on FRIDAY !!! :D

Congratulations, hope you and your partner have a better financial future, and a loving Marriage.

Where is my invite, I always cry at weddings :p

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Hope all goes well on Friday.

In the past few weeks it seems Barclays are using all of the 40 days as yet another delaying tactic. When I started my claim in May they were sending back statements within a few days.

Spotty

AQ sent now waiting for Court date

Hi Spotty

My son had his in around 3 weeks, So Emble's may actually be in her post box sometime this week

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Thanks Spotty and Sophie-Jane for your help.

I think I'll leave it until Monday and if they haven't come by then I'll send off the non compliance letter (honeymoon allowing !).

Will keep you posted, Emble x

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

Thanks Spotty and Sophie-Jane for your help.

I think I'll leave it until Monday and if they haven't come by then I'll send off the non compliance letter (honeymoon allowing !).

Do not worry about it until after your honeymoon,

Just enjoy your honeymoon, and sort things out when you get back home

Have a good time

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All ! Wedding went well and I'm now a MRS :D

More importantly, I received my statements on Monday, Day 40, and they were posted on Friday (my wedding day!)

Things must be bad at Barclays as the covering letter wasn't even signed. Have worked out my charges and what I thought would be about £75.00 is actually £200.00

Am typing my letter now ......

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just a quick question to all you helpful dudes out there.

I'm typing up my schedule of charges and from the statements Barclays have sent me I've added up £200 But, by the time Barclays actually got round to sending the statements, 2 of the charges are now out of 6 years i.e July 2000.

So my question is am I allowed to claim these charges as my original request for statements was June and these charges would have been within the timescale or do I now have to accept that I've missed the boat so to speak and can only claim charges from the date of my Preliminary letter ?

Any help much appreciated

Emble x

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

I think you will be OK to claim back. You started the ball rolling in July - so claim from there

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Haven't been on a while so need to bring you all up to date. Having received my statements from the last 6 years I calculated £200 in charges. I sent off my Prelim letter on 27th of September. Had a response from Martin Bennett, Customer Relations Advisor saying 'we are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received from Barclays. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do so. We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 25 October 2006'

From looking at the other threads this seems to be the usual ploy of giving a date after the 14 day expiry. I will be sticking to MY timetable with my LBA however I just wanted a bit of reassurance that others have had the same letter and if anyone had a letter from Martin Bennett as I've searched the forums for him and found nothing

Thanks in advance, Emble x

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Surprisingly no satisfactory response from Barclays before my deadline :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have posted my LBA today. I'll give them the 14 days + 2 days to allow for delivery (i'm nice like that) and if not resolved will start my claim. Oooooooh, exciting !!

As a small aside I've just had a very nice chap from Barclays on the phone asking if he could go through my accounts with me. I feared the worst and braced myself for a grilling about my action but none was forthcoming.

Poor chap went through my balances ('looking okay there') and then stopped when he realised all my direct debits had been stopped. When I informed him I'd switched accounts to another bank he enquired why. When I told him my new current account gave me 5% interest his words were, 'well I can't argue with that, thanks for your time goodnight' :lol: :lol: :lol:

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

• 3 weeks later...

Another update - received a 'gesture of goodwill' on 25th October for £100. Needless to say there haven't been any other offers so I'm going to start my claim tonight.

I'm very nervous but I know its the right thing to do and it's good to know I've got so many people who've been there, supporting me.

Emble

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

All done - Claim submitted via MCOL :-)

I've PM'd the MODs with the details and will keep you all posted, Good Luck to all who are still battling on !!!

Emble xx

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

• 3 weeks later...

Barclays have acknowledged my claim on 24/11/06. Was kind of hoping they'd forget and I could have gone for judgement today ;)

Only another 14 days to go.......

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

Received a copy of Barclays Acknowledgement of Service today. It's signed by Adrian Ruffhead and they intend to defend all of the claim.

Not unexpected but quite scary when it actually happens to you.

Onwards and upwards as they say :-)

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked MCOL, Defence was filed on 06/11/06.

Better start preparing that court bundle.....:)

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

You wont be needing the court bundle for quite a while yet, at least not until you receive a court date. It's definately worth a read through though.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi deller1 - Absolutely right.....I'm just trying to prepare myself, don't want to make any mistakes (great avatar by the way!)

Hi gel1 - will reply to your PM (at work at the mo and waiting for a good time :D )

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm after some advice.

Received my AQ and a copy of Barclays defence. Usual sort of stuff but I did notice the following :-

"In the alternative, which is denied, if the said charges amount to sums payable on breach of contract, it is averred that the charges asserted by the Claimant to have been applied to the account prior to 6th November 2000 would not be recoverable for reason of exhaustion of time in bringing contractual claims from the date of accrual, pursuant to the Limitation Act 1980."

Now as I see it they are trying to say I didn't start legal proceedings until the 6th November therefore I can't claim back any earlier than 6 years before this date. HOWEVER, I made it perfectly clear in all my previous letters (including my Data Protection Act letter) that my intention was to claim these charges back and was making an effort to settle out of court (as MCOL etc advise).

I seem to remember reading another thread where the same thing had happened, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Any help much appreciated

Emble x

LBA sent 16/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06