Who is better CCCS or Payplan?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After doing a LOT of research on the internet about the best solution for my problems I am 100% confident that a DMP is the best option for me. I have also came to the conclusion that a non fee charging provider ie CCCS or Payplan are the best (although I know they do get some funding from creditors themselves) option for me as I would prefer all of my disposable income to actually go towards paying my debts off and not 15% of it to a comapny to manage it!

Basically my question is who do creditors recognise or have a better relationship with, CCCS or Payplan?

Also can I just add that I am totally new to this forum stuff and had to pluck up a lot of courage to post this!

Hi Miss and welcome to CAG,

Well done for making your first post.:)

Both CCCS and Payplan are recognised by creditors and both have a good reputation with consumers, although I think people if asked would probably come down slightly on the side of CCCS.

If you would like to tell us more about your situation and the debts you have then we may be able to help before you approach the above agencies with a plan of not only how to deal with your debt but also one that will help you be clear in your mind when you approach them.

Best Wishes, and keep posting on the forum, there are lots of people here with a wealth of knowledge who will support you.:)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hello,

Basically just complete over commitment, currently paying out over 600 pound per month when really we only have about £120 disposable income, so we have been living off credit as well! I have filled in a budget planner thing on the CCCS and they said we qualify for a low start DMP so are going to send us the details and get the ball rolling. All of our debt is in my partners name apart from a a couple of credits cards with very small balances on so we are going to do the DMP in my partners name only as I need a credit card and a clean name because of my work. If I get bad credit etc then it can affect my job.

So with all the info that CCCS gave me we will be debt free in 14yrs! Which is ok as the biggest loan we have still has 11yrs to run on it anyway and we are hoping to pay extra into the DMP as and when we are able!

The income I have put down on the budget sheet is our basic income, we do get bonus on top of that most months but its not guaranteed so I havent put it down so on months when we have good bonus then we will pay extra in. Is that a good idea do you think or should I have worked out an average or something? I just thought well what if one month we dont hit bonus!

If it were me I would not count bonus unless it is regular and guaranteed. As you recognise yourself just one month without it for whatever reason and you will face financial hardship and anxiety. Seems like a good idea to me to put a little extra in when you can.

Who is better - CCCS or Payplan?

There's only one way to find out.....

FIGHT

harry_hill.jpg

Sorry - couldn't resist it.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on a DMP with CCCS at the moment. My creditors recommended that I contacted CCCS for help - so I did! Some people on DMP's recommend CCCS and some recommend Payplan. I think they are both about the same. As I say, I went with CCCS as 3 of my creditors recommended them and they accepted me. I would have gone with Payplan if they had been recommended - just wanted to clear my debts!

I wouldn't mention about the bonus. I get a bonus too but it is not a regular one (twice a year but not guaranteed). I save the bonus money so that I will be in a position to make some Full and Final settlement offers to some of my smaller creditors and clear my debts off even quicker. I found that creditors can get quite nasty if you pay them a bit extra some months and not every month - CCCS are unlikely to allow you to do this anyway.

Hello Missnh,

I've been on a DMP with CCCs for over 4 years now, and overall have found them very helpful. I have a large and varied number of creditors and all of them stopped interest and accepted payments as soon as I had my CCCS reference number.

They do however allow creditors direct access to update the amount you owe them, which resulted in a few hundred pounds being added onto mine from when I first started. And CCCS didn't think this was a problem!!. Fortunately I found this wonderful CAG forum and am resolving these discrepancies!!.

As for your bonus, agree with Sammy66 and would keep that out of the plan. You'll find that even with a well worked out budget, something always happens or breaks down and you'll need that little extra to get by. If your budget is too tight then chances are you won't be able to stick to it, and that's the last thing you want!

Good Luck

Im new to all this and came to this site a little too late for my situation but I have been dealing with the CCCS and found most creditors to sit up and listen when this was mentioned. My sister used to work for a finance company and said that they always looked more favourably at peoples problems if they were dealing with the CCCS.

Good luck!:)

Been with Payplan 8 months. Some of there work is fine, but tend to find glaring cockups, like paying the wrong account or keeping the original creditor details rather than updating with the DCA's or purely doing nothing with an enquiry.

Only contacted by email and sometimes I have to remind them regurly to do something I have asked. Find the best way to get things done, is copy a team leader into the email. Sad but true.I think there problem is they are struggling with new cases.