CLASS A Exemption Council Tax Help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a property in October 2006 to rent out and notified the council in writing that I needed an examption whilst the propety was being refurbsihed.

I got a phone call in November 2006 to advise that a inspector wanted to visit the property to make an inspection. This finally took place whilst I was on holiday abroad with my builder and I heard nothing further.

the flat works were completed in January 2007 and I immediately notified the council that the works had been completed and the property had been let out (and gave details of the nw tenants). I also understand that the estate agents wrote to the utility and council tax offices advising of the letting.

About 6 months later I found out that the council had issued proceedings against me for not paying council tax and that it was no too late to apply retrospective allowances. They argue that they never made an inspection in my flat and that they have no record of any inspection in my flat or receipt of any of my or the estate agents letters.

I did receive an email from council tax recently from an emplyee who ried to deal with this and wrote that if I can provide proof that works had been carried out they would apply the credit but they are now reneging on this. Further, the council have taken proceedings out against me in the Magistrates court but never wrote to advise of the hearing.

They now advise that I need to write toi the valuation office but if I do so they will seek costs from me if they win.

Can anyone help me on this? I just seem to speak to idiot after idiot at the council tax office (some of who agree with me but claim their hands are now tied).