Clamped on private property despite valid permit on full display

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Private land belonging to local council housing charity recently reintroduced clamping notices requiring vehicle owners to obtain parking permits from them.

A resident tenant (foreign person with language difficulties) from the estate obtained valid parking permit legally and in compliance but was clamped and the clamper states that the permit should not have been allowed and is in fact forged so clamping is lawfull.

Dispute arises and clamper even grabbed permit off him and demanded payment before release of clamp, i dont know if police have been involved or what the end result was

What I would like to know is what legally can be done, all the neccessary evidence and copies of permits issued can be obtained and even court proceedings can initiated.

Private land belonging to local council housing charity recently reintroduced clamping notices requiring vehicle owners to obtain parking permits from them.

A resident tenant (foreign person with language difficulties) from the estate obtained valid parking permit legally and in compliance but was clamped and the clamper states that the permit should not have been allowed and is in fact forged so clamping is lawfull.

Dispute arises and clamper even grabbed permit off him and demanded payment before release of clamp, i dont know if police have been involved or what the end result was

What I would like to know is what legally can be done, all the neccessary evidence and copies of permits issued can be obtained and even court proceedings can initiated.

Have a read of the clamping guide in the stickies section there are some suggested remedies and actions in there. - it sounds to me like there would be a case against the council housing charity and their agent.

I would gather your evidence first and then go after them. Best place to start would be to contact the managing agents and put them in the picture. Ask them to intervene with the clampers and arrange for a full refund. Make sure you fully explain your situation and reasons for your dispute.

If you get no joy, write a letter to open a dispute with them and if they fail to respond or refund then send them a letter before action. Give them 14 days and if they fail to respond file a case using the online court service Money Claim Online (MCOL).

Also it sounds like the clamper used some form of physical force to get the permit away. There may grounds for an assault complaint to the Police. It would strengthen your case against them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------