Burden of online banking

MrMT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am I so glad to find this forum and all the kind and helpful people it takes to run it. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Looking at other's claims running into thousands of pounds I feel I'm making a mountain out of mole hill but I have two good reasons for being here. Firstly, I dislike bullies and secondly, I am long-term disabled living on a poverty income so every penny counts.

So what am I bleating about? A failed DD charge levied on me for not having adequate funds.

How did it occur? I use online banking and thought I'd amended a current DD mandate that was set up to pay my monthly rent.

While I thought I'd altered the end date payment to co-incide with the last rental payment I had to make, according to A&L I had actually setup a duplicate DD payment which resulted in them trying to pay my rent twice. As I don't have spare money the second DD failed leaving me with a charge.

I initially called them to protest but they refused to discuss it because of the ongoing test case. I enquired again earlier this year at a local branch to be told the same thing.

My argument is that I did not create a second DD or if I did, then I would like to see how and why I made such a costly mistake. Without knowing exactly what I did enter on the webpage (my memory isn't photographic!) I cannot lay any blame on them.

So my first plea for help is to ask how can I get a record of what exactly was entered or clicked on when I created said DD? Secondly, is a failed DD charge regarded as unfair/overpriced and can I reclaim it?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hi MrMT.

It is a shame your bank are being so difficult. They could refund at their discretion as Natwest made a refund to me not so long ago. Abbey have recently cleared my OH's balance to zero voluntarily!

Have you put your request in writing or just spoken to people on the 'phone?

I would ask for a copy of their complaints procedure if you haven't done so already and make a formal complaint. You should ask them to use their discretion in light of your circumstances and the limitations of your income. See what they come back with.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Please let us know the outcome so that we can advise you further.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hello Hopeful1

Without any obvious reference I had to accept their "advice" even though I knew deep down something more could be done. Having found this website and forums, I'm a little better informed and so decided to register and make my post.

I shall take your advice about complaints procedures and take it from there. Thank you. :)

Rooster-UK

You can count on that! Thank you too.

Mike