MBNA v Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome Warrior !

Ok then, down to business !

Make sure you keep the telephone number Stuart Johnson has given you. I have not spoken to the usual call centres for nearly 9 months now, just the advocates office.(That's where stuart works). You always get straight through to this office and they always return calls promptly.

First things first, you need to establish what charges this bunch of clowns have given you and then set about getting them back. Don't worry about the fact they are looking into the card issue as when this lot make up their mind, they very rarely change it so don't be expecting a card anytime soon from them.

Having read your text, I think your question is quite simple (most of it is a bit of a rant which is only to be expected) Are you asking if you should go after your charges now or await the outcome of your card query ? Only you can decide, they will almost certainly keep card facilities withdrawn but they haven't called the debt in on anybody yet so you should be ok to get the charges refunded to your account and carry on paying them monthly so I don't think you have anything to lose.

Anyway, off home for the day now. I'll check in tomorrow and see what your thoughts are on this. don't worry though, I hate these guys with a passion so i'm with you every step of the way here mate ! :evil:

My proposed actions / points are:

1. I am not bothered about receiving a new card and I don't particularly want it - I have lived without the use of one for nearly the whole life of the agreement anyway.

2. I want some form of remuneration for MBNA removing their credit service to me without any instruction or information.

3. I now want all my charges back - This will be a significant amount.

Game on, where do I start?

1. Fair enough, I don't use my card now either

2. You can try for this but I wouldn't hold my breath. It is in the T&C's that they can withdraw facilities at any time although i do agree hey should be be courteous enough to let you know.

3. Do you know what the charges amount to ? If not send your DPA request along with a £10 cheque, they will send the cheque back to you along with a list of transactions as this is easier for them. If you do know what the charges amount to then send your first request for payment to them (both letters in the template library). Give them 14 days and then on day 15 send your letter before action. They will respond saying they will investigate and come back to you within 28 days but just ignore that and stick to your deadlines.

Point to note is that most companies do not refund the interest on charges until you get to the court summons where you add 8% on. MBNA however, will work out the interest and refund that to you as well as long as you ask them to. No good you trying to work it out as it's far to complicated, let them do it and it will be right.

Got it ? Good, great, let's go !

• Confused 1

warrior,

they must be getting more requests for refunds in as your letter has taken abvout 5 days longer than it used to for a response so this is probably a measure of how much pressure they are under. Sit tight, but you are quite right that gareth is the man to contact in an emergency !

• 4 weeks later...

Polly, unless I am very much mistaken, I think you have just hit on something here !

Are you basically saying that if you claimed say £1000 and they credit us with £100 out of "goodwill" then you would still go after the £1000 ? I ask this as you are probably quite entitled to do this depending on how their letter is worded. It goes against the grain of what this site is about but it really could exploit loopholes in MBNA's letters, and we know they would do that yo us don't we !

You have really intrigued me on this.