Corresponding with PPCs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I always send any important post either special or recorded delivery - you get proof that way of receipt.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Would you send replies to PPCs recorded? The proson, I am looking into the for is literally watching their pennies. My only concern is, knowing the lying [problem] we up against, PPC will just deny ever receiving it. Cheers in advance!

waste of time stamp money they will just ignore it

No, it's not a waste because if you ever need to prove anything in court, you would have the receipt.

It is always important to have a paper trail and to be able to show documents were received, whether they are ignored or not.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thank you. Now, just noticed the sneaky b****rds only gave a PO Box address on their invoice - registered or recorded will not be accepted by Post Offic if it's a PO Box address. Need to find where this PPC is actually based and send it to their actual office.

They can - although they need to be collected with a set time.

In any subsequent Court action the Judge would only look to confirm that the Plaintiff had made reasonable attempts to contact the Defendant and given notice before any Court action. The Defendant is not obliged to reply to unsolicited demands for payment before any Court Hearing.

as i said no point wasting your money you cannot be forced to pay an unenforceable invioce fact.the only thing you owe them is for there loss.which if its a free car park its zero if its a 1.00 a hour and you overstay a hour or do not pay for the hour you are there you owe them a 1.00.anything else is a penalty. NOT ALLOWED IN CONTRACT LAW checkout legal petes sticker its all there

It is a free shopping centre car park. The person's car wheel was over parking box line. It is a total [problem], I checked their signage and in my opinion it is designed NOT to be visible, but that's a longer argument then the one I am pusuing. I want help that person to get out of it as they take it a bit more serious rather then for what it is - Dutch lottery, so popular in the 90's.

Up to your friend, of course, but I've found it prudent to always ensure i can back up everything.

as i said no point wasting your money you cannot be forced to pay an unenforceable invioce fact.the only thing you owe them is for there loss.which if its a free car park its zero if its a 1.00 a hour and you overstay a hour or do not pay for the hour you are there you owe them a 1.00.anything else is a penalty. NOT ALLOWED IN CONTRACT LAW checkout legal petes sticker its all there

Untrue, they can also claim enforcement costs and consequential losses.

Would you send replies to PPCs recorded? The proson, I am looking into the for is literally watching their pennies. My only concern is, knowing the lying [problem] we up against, PPC will just deny ever receiving it. Cheers in advance!

Personally I would not entertain PPC's with any corrispondance other that of answering to a bonified court summonds for the following reasons:

1) They have written to you as the RK and not the driver - their first failure in their attempt to prove a contract exists.

2) None of the corrispondance they send are recorded and therefore they have no proof of delivery to show a court.

3) By responding, you only prove that you exist and simply encorages them to persue you more.

4) The game they play, is that of intimidation - no corrispondance from them is designed to correct an incorrectly issues invoice - their only agender is to extract as much money as possible form you with the least amount effort - sending threatening letters serves this purpous excellently!

5) In entering into a 'dialogue' with these types only adds to a very stressful situation - ignoring is by far an easier and less stressful option in my view.

As a last point - if I ever (and I'm quite looking forward to it in a funny way) go to court to face a PPC - I will be delivering by hand to the PPC, in front of the Judge, a letter. It will be along the lines of the following:

By reading this letter you agree to enter into a contract with me and agree to pay me immediatly the sum of £10000 in compensation of all the stress and anguish caused by these proceeding. The sum of £10000 will allow me to take a very nice luxury holiday where I can relax and forget about everything your company has put me through over the last 'XX' months in alledging that a contract existed between me as the RK and the landowner and having suffered continued harrasment in your relentless persuit of monies alledgedly owed.

This I think sums up well the question of contract law that the PPC's are reliant on in winning any case in court.

Personally I would not entertain PPC's with any corrispondance other that of answering to a bonified court summonds for the following reasons:

1) They have written to you as the RK and not the driver - their first failure in their attempt to prove a contract exists.

2) None of the corrispondance they send are recorded and therefore they have no proof of delivery to show a court.

3) By responding, you only prove that you exist and simply encorages them to persue you more.

4) The game they play, is that of intimidation - no corrispondance from them is designed to correct an incorrectly issues invoice - their only agender is to extract as much money as possible form you with the least amount effort - sending threatening letters serves this purpous excellently!

5) In entering into a 'dialogue' with these types only adds to a very stressful situation - ignoring is by far an easier and less stressful option in my view.

As a last point - if I ever (and I'm quite looking forward to it in a funny way) go to court to face a PPC - I will be delivering by hand to the PPC, in front of the Judge, a letter. It will be along the lines of the following:

By reading this letter you agree to enter into a contract with me and agree to pay me immediatly the sum of £10000 in compensation of all the stress and anguish caused by these proceeding. The sum of £10000 will allow me to take a very nice luxury holiday where I can relax and forget about everything your company has put me through over the last 'XX' months in alledging that a contract existed between me as the RK and the landowner and having suffered continued harrasment in your relentless persuit of monies alledgedly owed.

This I think sums up well the question of contract law that the PPC's are reliant on in winning any case in court.

thanyou im glad someone else knows how there [problem] works

Up to you but personally I think that your approach will undermine your position.

The template letters in the stickies have been carefully crafted to seek information which the PPC will need to produce in court to substantiate their claim.

To my knowledge no one using these templates has had this information provided to them.

The templates are also designed to show that a reasonable approach has been taken in the matter. Following them will mean that the motorist remains in control and stress can be minimised.

There is a disadvantage in them that the motorist could be regarded as a "fish on the hook" but that is where the "cease and desist" letter comes in. In my view the benefits of using the templates outweigh the disadvantages.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I would concur - I would never advise ignoring this sort of thing because you never know when that could bite you on the bum - always better to be able to prove you acted decently.

Thank you. Now, just noticed the sneaky b****rds only gave a PO Box address on their invoice - registered or recorded will not be accepted by Post Offic if it's a PO Box address. Need to find where this PPC is actually based and send it to their actual office.

Remember that PO Boxes are not confidential. The Post Office should give you the name and address of the Box holder

I'm with Bernie on this one [most of the time], using the templates does give added protection [it's more fun as well]. The only proviso is that there are certain companies which are just so unreasonable that ignoring does not add any significant risk.

UK PAO & UKCPS spring to mind, they both try to insist that adding £3 / day to a £60 charge is a reasonable thing to do, "liquidated damages" they call it. When a company does something so blatantly indefensible from the off, the normal precautions are simply not necessary.