County Court Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im not entirely sure if this is in the right forum, if not please do move it MODs :)

My partner split up with his ex over a year ago now and ever since that time she has been asking him (demanding!) £1300 which is the amount of money she spent on a holiday for them both during their relationship.

She did not get any agreement from him that this was a loan, the money was not put into his accounts and was simply one of those things you do whilst together.

They werent married, did live together although she did not contribute toward living costs at all.

After 3 threatening letters from her father regarding it and a simple NO from him and me she has filed a small claim online for the amount owed,

so far we have

1) acknowledged service

2) submitted defense

3) submitted acknowledgement with witness details and dates he cannot attend court to our local court

the last thing was submitted about 6 weeks ago and he hasnt heard a thing since, she has gone travelling for 6 months (we know through a friend)

i have spoken to solicitor or two regarding this and they think its laughable. She has not a leg to stand on in court.

I think this to, although i have no legal training (i was a legal secretary for 3 years though!)

Basically he is slightly concerned as he has a job at a bank which involves regular credit checks for CCJS etc... if he were to get one his job would be jeopardised, she knows this entirely and its part of the reason why she has done it no doubt.

she is a silly 19 year old girl with sour grapes.

Neither of us have any idea what may happen next or indeed what may happen in court... i just wondered if anyone knew what may happen

just to let you know also, we submitted incident #s from the police regarding the harassment from both her and her father, she in fact stated on the internet that her Dad was owed a favour and would "sort him out".

(how childish!!)

so any advice or comments would be appreciated! :p

If i have helped you please click the scales :)

I am here on my own quest for help, although i work for T-Mobile and will gladly assist where i can i am not here as a company representative.

I am not legally qualified, if in doubt seek professional assistance :)

It's fairly usual not to hear anything for several weeks after you have submitted the AQ.

However you can always phone the court (with the claim no.) and ask. Court staff generally are very helpful.

If the hearing date is set while she is away and she doesn't respond, if you attend court, the chances are the case will be struck out and you will be given judgment by default.