Bailiff assaulted me - Case closed .. I WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the end of the day I walked away with not only having cleared my name, but I walked away with pride and the knowledge that I am far better than this person, who lied in court. He may have his certificate but not intirely intact. he now has to watch his every move incase some one else complains. He now has the fear that maybe the Judge will reconsider taking his certificate away when he wants to renew it next year.

People the court case may be closed, but now the council will be informed of the judgement, the CPS are being informed of the judgement. So new hearings may be heard. Its over for me, But I think its a long way to ending for him.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day I walked away with not only having cleared my name, but I walked away with pride and the knowledge that I am far better than this person, who lied in court. He may have his certificate but not intirely intact. he now has to watch his every move incase some one else complains. He now has the fear that maybe the Judge will reconsider taking his certificate away when he wants to renew it next year.

People the court case may be closed, but now the council will be informed of the judgement, the CPS are being informed of the judgement. So new hearings may be heard. Its over for me, But I think its a long way to ending for him.

Quite right seanamarts. You have acted with dignity and others with the extreme views should keep them to themselves and not try to impose them on anyone else

Topic exhausted I think but I am sure there will be more input

I will post the court transcript (ithink its what its called) on here when I get it through the post. Im sure it will help others when taking their case to court :)

Please guys lets not fight in here we are all on the same side and are all fighting for the same thing. lets just agree to disagree on certain matters and push on with what is important here :)

extreme views:rolleyes: obviously someone who's never had to deal with such people & anyway we are entitled to express whatever view we choose.

Crash

As for not expressing opinions why do you think you have the right to admonish others for their opposing view when no one is telling you to shut up & bug off as you are others & before you accuse me or others of making snide remarks I suggest you look to put your own house in order before you do

seanamarts are you advising the police of the courts findings??

I will post the court transcript (ithink its what its called) on here when I get it through the post. Im sure it will help others when taking their case to court :)

Please guys lets not fight in here we are all on the same side and are all fighting for the same thing. lets just agree to disagree on certain matters and push on with what is important here :)

I agree seanamarts nevertheless I do think this has been a worthwhile discussion because & whilst I fully understand your reasons for doing what you did, it may cause others who find themselves in a similar situation to think twice before letting a DCA off the hook.

After all the chance for an ordinary consumer to do what you could have done ain't going to come along all that often:-)

extreme views:rolleyes: obviously someone who's never had to deal with such people & anyway we are entitled to express whatever view we choose.

Crash

As for not expressing opinions why do you think you have the right to admonish others for their opposing view when no one is telling you to shut up & bug off as you are others & before you accuse others about making snide remarks I suggest you look to your own posts

No just the CPS, will leave that up to them to re-involve the police into the assault case if they feel the need to so to speak. The police made it quite clear that there was no proof that he assaulted me and said that he had the right to enter my home, and said it was merely my word against his with regards to the assault.

Forgot to mention:o

As this matter has dragged on for some time any such damages would be awarded for long term stress & not just for what happened on the day

To be honest with you Jon I really dont think Im mentally strong enough to go through another civil case, especially with out legal guidance. Not to mention the cost, I may have gotten compensation from the bailiff etc but it would not cover legal costs.

A complaint was made against the police and it has been dealt with so to speak and I was fairly happy with the out come.

• Haha 1

Nothing snide about my post just an observation of fact

However your a bully who thinks that if others don't agree with you you can accuse them of having extremest views

In an effort to bring things back to the thread topic, and to go some way to starting again, I have edited my posts made this morning. Maybe you could do the same?

EDIT: well as you are not big enough to do so i will change them back

Edited by crash3903

To be honest with you Jon I really dont think Im mentally strong enough to go through another civil case, especially with out legal guidance. Not to mention the cost, I may have gotten compensation from the bailiff etc but it would not cover legal costs.

A complaint was made against the police and it has been dealt with so to speak and I was fairly happy with the out come.

You would almost certainly be entitled to legal aid. Apart from that a solicitor or barrister would act for you via a CFA more commonly referred to as no win no fee.

Anyway you have plenty of time to consider your options, 3 years in fact, & can explain any delay in the future is because of the stress it's already caused

I would agree with joncris - you've just been through the trauma of one court case - give yourself a little breathing space and think about it then.

Whether you do or not is entirely up to you and I'm sure you'll find lots of support here no matter what your decision.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Believe me Jon, I would have liked nothing more than to see him stripped of his certificate, he lied from the moment he opened his mouth to the final statement, and I was angry and upset that he did but I didnt expect nothing more from him, but as the Judge was reading the last bits of the hearing and I knew that I had won, I looked over at him and saw he was wearing a wedding band. I thought about his family and how they would suffer if he was out of a job, maybe they wouldnt but I didnt know that.

I felt that I would be no better than he was if I took away something that was his and I didnt want to feel that way, I am a compasionate person and try to look beyond what may be.I hope he has gone away and thought about the consequences of this whole sorry saga and learnt from it. maybe he wont but I live in hope :)

Amazing grace how sweet the sound. :)

Great result!, but I would have had his certificate taken away from him, he will feel he has got away with it.

The fact that he has a family has, in my opinion nothing to do with it.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

Everyone makes their own choice - perhaps a little more support on here may make Sea feel strong enough to continue - either way, the better person has shown themselves to be just that.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 2 months later...

Just a little up date with this matter,

This morning I recieved a letter from the council, with a huge apology for the distress and the mistakes they had made, not only that but the bailiff who assaulted me has had his position terminated from working for the council. Plus they will be closely watching the all bailiffs actions in future especially where Drakes/Marston are concerned. They have also stated that if any more incidents are reported with regards to Drakes then the council will terminate their contracts with them.

In my book thats a result and a good one at that. I have a feeling that this bailiif may not be getting his certificate renewed next march.

Well done for getting a mitigation from the council.

1. Has the council paid you compensation?

2. Have you make an official complaint against the bailiff and asked the judge for compensation?

All well & good getting lip-service, you should be looking at topping up your bank balance.

First to fly the Airbus A380

1. Has the council paid you compensation?

2. Have you make an official complaint against the bailiff and asked the judge for compensation?

All well & good getting lip-service, you should be looking at topping up your bank balance.

No compensation from the council, then again I wasnt looking for any, I just wanted them to admit they had made mistakes, after they continued to deny they were in the wrong at the beginning of this matter.

Complaint to the judge was made and I was compensated :D, took a while to come through and off to Cornwall for a well needed holiday at the end of August.

Nice one!

We are spending some of our Drakes money going to the Caribbean in January 09. I'll be sending them a Glad Your Not Here postcard.

This is what happens when Drakes are caught defrauding me.

Nice one!

We are spending some of our Drakes money going to the Caribbean in January 09. I'll be sending them a Glad Your Not Here postcard.

This is what happens when Drakes are caught defrauding me.

You enjoy :)

If these companies were heavily fined for these ongoing situations im sure they would 'stick to the rules' and make sure their bailiffs toed the line so to speak

Singapore has their version of the Sunday Times, and it recently ran an article on British bailiffs and the Governemnt's so-called War on Motorists.

A bailiff defrauding a person by overcharging them with bailiffs fees commits an offence under the Fraud Act (or Section 15a(1) of the Theft Act 1967 if committed before Jan 07) but the police interpret this as a civil matter, and systematically fail to bring suspects to court.

There is nobody policing the police, and the British Authorities do nothing about what was labelled as corruption within the British government.

It’s amazing how Britain is constantly critisising foreign governments for corruption only to be caught being a hypocrite.