Sky broadband help please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I am looking for some technical advice here, as it is driving me crazy!

For some time now we have been having problems with our Sky broadband at home.

I live with parents and ever since I had an extra Sky+ box installed in my bedroom (this may or may not relate to the actual problem) we have been having constant problems with out broadband connection.

It connects and disconnects constantly, when going into the router status, it says 'LCP Down' then 'Negotiating' then it eventually reconnects but it is very annoying as it does this every ten or so minutes.

My boyfriend is very technically literate but even he can’t source the problem. Everytime we phone Sky they tell us to do the same things over and over, which don't ever work, and having to talk to indian call centre workers all the time who don't seem to know what they are talking about, is really frustrating :(

Please help!

Jenni

How is your system set up?

IS your computer in the bedroom with the new skyplus box?

Are they coming out the same phone point?

Do you have a microfilter fitted direct into the socket for the bedroom?

Are you using a telephone extenstion lead?

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi thanks for the replies.

Ok this may be difficult to explain but I'll try. The main telephone socket is in the hallway, beside my bedroom and the living room. My dad has an extension lead going from that socket into the living room which is where he keeps the modem. There is a microfilter also attached to it, and also my sky + line which goes in an extension lead into my bedroom. I use wireless and so does my dad.

ETA: I haven't took the cable out going from my Sky+ box as there is no where else to put it.

Hope I've explained that ok!

You only need to unplug the extension that goes into your bedroom and then let dad run the internet and see if it continues to drop.

If all is well after giving it enough time, then plug your extension back in and see if the problem returns.

If it continues to drop when your unplugged, then there is a problem with either the modem or the internet and you should contact Sky about it.

Make sure you have filter plugged into the phone point and then at the end of the (each) extension, if you haven't try this

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

A little update:

I unplugged my Sky box and used the internet for about 1 hour without any connection problems, an hour is long compared to before.

I have just plugged by Sky cable back in, all good so far so will see what happens.

Another update: I think there may be a problem when the wire from my Sky box is plugged in. When I plugged it in the problems started again a few minutes later. I don't have a vast knowledge of microfilters, is there anything I can do?