Money Box Live - BBC R4 14 Apr 08 - CRAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Money Box Live will be about CRAs today, 14 Apr 08 at 1500.

Presenter Paul Lewis will be joined by:

Owen Roberts from Callcredit

Anna Fielder from the National Consumer Council

Neil Munroe from Equifax

You can call the programme when lines open on Monday at 1330 BST. The number to call is 08700 100 444.

You can also email questions - BBC NEWS | Programmes | Moneybox | Credit reports: your questions

Perhaps they'll tell us all about their mysterious 'legal right' to hold invalid and inaccurate information.

Money Box Live will be about CRAs today, 14 Apr 08 at 1500.

Presenter Paul Lewis will be joined by:

Owen Roberts from Callcredit

Anna Fielder from the National Consumer Council

Neil Munroe from Equifax

You can call the programme when lines open on Monday at 1330 BST. The number to call is 08700 100 444.

You can also email questions - BBC NEWS | Programmes | Moneybox | Credit reports: your questions

Perhaps they'll tell us all about their mysterious 'legal right' to hold invalid and inaccurate information.

I don't know if I can bring myself to listen to it. They spout such poop. I phoned Equifax the other day myself. I had another query on the 6 year data issue. The nice Irish chap I spoke to, Brian, started telling me that creditors could come back 7 years later and slap defaults on you again for an old debt! I wasn't even querying that as I knew the rules on that. I asked him if he was sure that were true. He said yes. I asked him if he would put that in writing. He said no. I asked him if I could speak to a manager to confirm that. He said they were all busy. He asked me for a contact number for a manager to ring me back! I told him a had a King Canute mobile for King Canute companies in an old dusty drawer and he would have to wait for me to plug in and retrieve the number. He didn't sound amused and seemed a a little flustered. I gave hime the number. 5 minutes later Brian phoned back and not a manager. He said he was phoning to offer his deepest apologies for misinforming me!!! Now do I believe Brian didn't really know the rules? No. So the question is was he a rogue telephone agent acting off his own back (possible, but odd) or was what he told me secretly approved by the Equifax management? Hmm.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I did! I asked:

Do you actually delete peoples records after 6 years or just make them inaccessible?

Is it just coincidence that after contacting you for a credit report I get contacted by DCA's soon after?

Is there a conflict of interest when CRA's own DCA's?

How can you justify charging people for information that is collected for the benefit of another party that pays you, when we have no choice to allow the information to be collected. (out of interest rather than a serious question)

I worded the questions better than that, but that was the gist.

Has anyone emailed a question about secretly passing on telephone numbers to DCA's that harass people to a state of insanity?

Perhaps you should ask the Q as I have already sent mine which was about 'their retention of inaccurate data even when told, often repeatedly, by the data subject'

I don't know if I can bring myself to listen to it. They spout such poop. I phoned Equifax the other day myself. I had another query on the 6 year data issue. The nice Irish chap I spoke to, Brian, started telling me that creditors could come back 7 years later and slap defaults on you again for an old debt! I wasn't even querying that as I knew the rules on that. I asked him if he was sure that were true. He said yes. I asked him if he would put that in writing. He said no. I asked him if I could speak to a manager to confirm that. He said they were all busy. He asked me for a contact number for a manager to ring me back! I told him a had a King Canute mobile for King Canute companies in an old dusty drawer and he would have to wait for me to plug in and retrieve the number. He didn't sound amused and seemed a a little flustered. I gave hime the number. 5 minutes later Brian phoned back and not a manager. He said he was phoning to offer his deepest apologies for misinforming me!!! Now do I believe Brian didn't really know the rules? No. So the question is was he a rogue telephone agent acting off his own back (possible, but odd) or was what he told me secretly approved by the Equifax management? Hmm.

We really need more consumers to record their conversations with these CRA's as well as the DCA's. We can place them in the public domain where the regulators can hear 1st hand some of the crap & blatant lies these companies spout when talking to the consumer.

I for one am setting up Skype (at last) after which I shall be contacting them all when I hope to hear just what I expect to hear......a load of rollocks:roll:

I shall then write to each of them quoting verbatim what has been claimed & should they deny it (as they almost certainly will) I shall offer them an audio copy for a fee of £10.:lol:

Its about time we started harassing them:grin:

Credit reports: your questions

o.gif_44553404_pane226b.jpg

BBC Radio 4's Money Box Live

Monday, 14 April 2008,

at 1502 BST

On Radio 4 and Online

BBC Radio 4's Money Box Live will be broadcast on Monday, 14 April 2008, at 1502 BST.

On Monday's programme, presenter Paul Lewis will take your calls and e-mails on credit reports and put them to an expert panel.

In this time of economic squeeze it's more important than ever to have a good credit history if you want to borrow money to buy a house or make other major purchases.

Lenders are cutting back drastically who they lend to and some commentators even think the era of cheap borrowing is over. There is also the issue of how we safeguard our financial information from fraudsters.

Just as well it's a radio programme. "Photogenic" is not a word I'd use in this case. ;)

Its about time we started harassing them:grin:

Cabot don't speak to me any more. Whenever I ring the agent must see 'Don't speak to this person on the screen'! They make up a feeble excuse and I get put through to some manager every single time. It is quite amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

But I've emailed too. I can't wait to hear what sh!te they come up with to the barrage of questions that must be heading their way.

I should like to ask why the CRA's NEVER accept that a data subject can be in the right when disputing an entry on their credit file. We all know that there is no point whatsoever adding your own notice to the file, because it has no bearing whatsoever on the decision made by a lender.

In every case that I know about, the CRA's always take the word of the company entering a default. As far as they are concerned, the word of a financial institution is infallible, and the data subject is, at best, mistaken. Even when that data subject has documentary evidence that the defaulting company are lying through their teeth.

Hi People,

Not able to listen to the program, but I'm sure you good Caggers will keep us posted. I look forward with interest.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

HAHAHAHA. The poor dears think the £2 doesn't cover their costs, THAT's why they offer the £5 a month fee. Oh, and they say they offer a bertter service, with a report more suited to the needs of the consumer.

IT'S THE SAME FECKIN REPORT YOU TWATS!!!