Help BOS PREFERENCE ACCOUNT, IS DRVING ME MAD!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help, I am having so many problems with BOS Preference account, I could just ( and have been) cry.

The account is about 11 years old, clueless how I got it, but suspect it was through a long since paid car finance.

Paid perfectly since then, until recently when I have asked for reduced payments and suspended interest int the short term, have been writing since Jan, sending financial statements etc ( all sent recorded ) and have had no written reply to any, they seem to just ignore the content and keep churning out demand for payment.

Anyway, I have contacted them about 6 times this week by phone, requested a manager callback on tues, now sat night and no call, regarding suspension of interest, but also re the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) I sent on 19th feb, which surprise surprise I have had no reply to.

They are still charging £190.00 mth interest, PLUS £25.00 late payment fee, which I have been disputing, but they will not have it........they cant tell me what sort of account it is..................I am getting conflicting information and being passed from pillar to post. I am making regular payments (although not meeting the minimum £440 a month)

Please help me! WHAT DO I DO NEXT!!!!!!

Hiya YM I know how you feel I am sure someone on here will help.

You should put things in writing as it's easy to forget what is said over the phone also conversations can be ignored and start a file so you can keep all you paper work in order if you haven't already done so.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Take care.

NS

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

Firstly, don't panic!

This is effectively a credit card account which also had a cheque book. You were probably given it when you took out another loan with BOS. I was and it was a regret.

Read through this link in the meantime and we will help you once you have digested whats involved.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/112921-bos-preference-account.html?highlight=preference

We will need to concentrate on getting full details of the account history, which will include trasactions, interest rates, late and letter payment charges etc. You see they will have added those charges and then piled hefty interest on top. So it will also involve disputing the account. We can help you. There is also a lot of assistance of this nature within the debt forum.

As said, everything needs to be in writing and you need to keep copies of all correspondence. You will get help with that from the templates and we can assist.

Will catch you later, regards, Kenny

Good old Kenny and Tilly I was trying to find the templates :oops:

I'm still learning myself lol.

You need to include £1 in the cca request.

If and when you receive anything they have 12+2 days to respond,post it on here taking out any personal details and the fab peeps here can take a looksie at it for you and let you know if all is well.:)

Send this recorded post as well.

NS

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

And don't phone them! If they phone you, insist that everything is in writing.

The chances are they no longer have any sort of agreement for this account, especially as the loan it came with was paid off long ago, and even if they do, it's probably not enforceable. The upshot of that is any charges etc may well be irrelevant, because without an enforceable agreement you don't need to pay them another penny.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi,

I am bit confused, even though the card/account whatever it is, has been used?

They really are the worst people to deal with. :eek: Should I keep paying each mth, they don't reply to my letters. What I am looking for if and when the cca arrives?

Sorry, I must seem hopeless!!

Basically YM If/when you receive a document,scan and post a copy on here for the peeps on here to take a looksie.

Basically if what they have is an enforceable agreement you will get advice on you next course of action if they send nothing you give them 12+2 days to respond or they send you a document which is not a valid agreement then you will be advised that the whilst the debt exists they cannot take any action to recover the monies.

Keep paying for now until you receive something back.

I hope this sheds some light if you have a look at some other threads on here about cca requests this will give you a good indication as to what to expect.

NS x

You are not alone, they really are vile to deal with, and they don't reply to anyone's letters. If you have the time, have a read of this thread:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/102011-blair-oliver-scott-bank.html

Send your request for a copy of the agreement as advised. Don't sign, just print your name on the letter, and send it recorded signed for. Keep the receipt.

If they haven't sent you a copy of your agreement 12 working days after the letter is received you are legally entitled to stop payment, but it's up to you whether you do or not.

It doesn't matter if you used the card, legally they can only ask for payment if all of their paperwork is in order. Have a look at this thread for the basics:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

And stop worrying. You've found the perfect place to sort all this out. At the very worst, you'll get plenty of help to make sure they stick to the rules and you only pay what you can afford.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you all so much for your help.

I would not have even considered all this if I had not had the most horrible conversation with the most rude and arrogant person, who made me feel so ashamed of the struggle I am having paying this account at the moment, how dare they judge!!.....................so here I am determined to get some of the charges back! Bring it on BOS ! :lol:

That's how most of us end up on this site, so as far as I am concerned, they've just brought it on themselves. If they'd kept to the rules and been reasonable, I would have just kept on paying forever, but as it is they've not had a penny off me for nearly a year, and boy does that feel good.

RMW

That's how most of us end up on this site, so as far as I am concerned, they've just brought it on themselves. If they'd kept to the rules and been reasonable, I would have just kept on paying forever, but as it is they've not had a penny off me for nearly a year, and boy does that feel good.

Yep thats exactly the same for me to I guess your name says it all great name btw ehhh :D

Good to hear that fighting spirit YM keep up the good work.:)

• 4 months later...

yummy, any more news on this? I've got my own battle going with one of these accounts so I'd be interested to hear.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Well, after many more emails, phone calls, and letters, none of which recieve a reply I am no further on. Basically, since April I have been requesting a copy of the original credit agreement, which has not been supplied, (paid 1.00 etc). I sent a letter in June, stating that I no longer acknowledge any debt etc, and to stop sending statements, adding interest etc. They are still coming, and I am still getting charged interest. I can't believe the account has not been passed over to Blair, Oliver & Scott, because I have not paid a penny since April. I think they just like adding the interest, which would stop if B,O&S got the account. I really don't know what to do next (if anything)! Muppets!!!!:-x:-x:-x:-x

Do nothing. Keep everything they send as evidence. If they ever chase after you again, you will be perfectly entitled, assuming they come up with an enforceable agreement, to refuse to pay any interest/charges added whilst they were in default of your request.

When/if they do anything more than send you statements, then is the time to start complaining to anyone who will listen. In the meantime, why give them any encouragement to look harder for your agreement?

RMW