D.C.S debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi you guys, my first post here so bear with me, I found you through a search I was doing to try and find some info regarding a letter I received today.

The letter was from a company called Debt Collection Services at Signature House, Gunco Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire. SK11 7JL Tel No: 0151 4302915.

The letter referred to an outstanding debt of £176.25 plus £25 late payment fee plus £25 Admin charges, no details of the company to which the debt is due or anything. It mentions legal proceedings are being prepared for a county court claim and I should pay them within 3 days to prevent this. I have to say that the letter looks pretty unprofessional to me in design.

Has anyone any dealings with this firm or know anything about them, my searches on the net seem to be coming up with a blank.

I will try to call them next week as I am intrigued as to who it is that claims I owe them money.

Hi,

First of all, DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE! Make sure everything is in writing.

Do you have any idea what they might be chasing you for?

You're in the right place for advice and support

PV :-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

I have no idea what it is they are chasing me for otherwise I might be able to look into it, as far as I know no company has been chasing me for payment this year for any bills I have received and all are paid up to date anyways.

Hi,

It is up to THEM to prove that you owe them money, not for YOU to prove that you don't.

You could send them this letter, edit to suit and send RECORDED or SPECIAL delivery.

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Do NOT SIGN it, print your name.

At the top of the letter in BOLD type, "I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY"

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

Thanks for your help, I have typed up letter and will send it tomorrow, look forward to their reply.

I have done some more research since my last post, but still cannot find any info about this company, no reference in Yellow pages or the phone book for Macclesfiled, have tried searches with company house but its almost as though they don't exist..

There are two further things you could try.

The first one is to get a copy of your credit reports from the three Credit Reference Agencies-Experian, Equifax and Callcredit. You can get their contact numbers on the internet. Then check to see if there are any debts

registered against your name.

The second thing is to send them a CCA request along with a £1 postal order-

there is a template letter in the "sticky" part of this Debt Collection Industry section.

There is a company in Mirfield, West Yorkshire called Debt Collection Services Ltd. Whether these are related I couldn't say, but the one in Macclesfield may be a new branch. They are operating out of serviced offices so nothing perhaps permanent about them.

Incidentally, the OFT bars these type of companies adding their own charges

which seems to be happening here. DCS does not have a contract with you so is not able to charge you.

Maybe this is them:

UK debt recovery by Debt Collection Services Ltd.

I drive past their tiny office every day but I've never seen any activity inside.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a couple of weeks now since I sent off my letter to the company and still no reply, not sure if this is good or bad news.

Incidently I found an invoice for the amount mentioned in their letter, dated over 6 months ago, fortunately attached to it was a receipt for payment from the company.

It is but it also stretches out as far as Widnes.... but Widnes is nowhere near Macclesfield!!!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D