Need Cheap Laptop - any ideas ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi Everyone,

As some of know I have been quite poorly for some time now. My problem is sitting up at my computer for any length of time (Big C in spine) so I thought a laptop that I could use in bed may be another option.

Anyone know where I can get a VERY cheap one.

Hope this thread is ok and I don't get told off but I thought it was worth a try.

Hope everyone is ok and keeping their chins up.

Hugs

Chris x

Hiya JB I wondered where you had got to, hope your feeling a little better soon :).

I bought a second hand laptop off ebay a few years ago, I think it was part of a batch some company in Germany had sold. It was very cheap but it wasn't long before it started developing faults and being German had a different keyboard configuration which made life interesting until you got used to it .

There are second hand bargains to be had on Ebay but you have to be very careful what your buying.

pete

Depends what exactly you're using it for, but take a look at the Eee PC by Asus. All the usual suspects will sell it - Firebox, eBuyer etc. Runs on Linux not Windows and has some great reviews.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi there Chris,:)

What area of the country do you live in?

There might be the option of local schemes designed to promote access to the internet where refurbished equipment is distributed to target groups.

Alternatively, the big suppliers sometimes have repackaged returns which they sell off at a cheaper price with warranty however. That might be an option. See if I can get some web info for you.

Cheers and good luck, Kenny

Thanks Barra will have a look at those.

Kenny, I live in Lancashire. Will look forward to the info.

Thanks to all that have given me some options will have a look when I have a bit more strength.

Chris x

Another one is the Dell Outlet Factory - these are new laptops that have been returned to Dell for a variety of reasons and then sold on at a discount. Can't give you a link being a commercial site. But if you Google 'Dell+Europe+Factory+outlet', you should get to the site.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!