style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am a newcomer to this forum and I have been reading with interest all the comments regarding this private car parking company. I have recently been given a parking ticket by these people, I have elected to ignore the £60 fine for parking for less than 5 mins, and I have now received a letter from them demanding I pay £84 if not paid within 10 days a further £3 a day will be added by way of excess charges and we may take court action. They state in the letter that they may ask the court to enforce the debt by instructing a baliff to wheel-clamp and remove my vehicle from my home address,business address etc etc. When the ticket was issued the person who issued the ticket did not put the correct colour of the car on the ticket.

Do I continue to ignore any further letters?

Regards

Concorde:

where was the ticket supermarket or what .

you can bury them in paperwork i.e

who owns the land ,did they buy it is it council owned and they have a lease .

In our town a number of years ago a supermarket put up a sign saying free parking for 2 hrs and then £50 fine after that and the council made them take it down as the land was council owned and they were leasing it and it was not part of the leasing agtreement many of these are a bluff thats why they send debt collectors not bailiffs as they have not gone through a court

Tell the supermarket if thats what it is that you will go to their rival supermarket to shop if they persue you

This lot use a similar ruse to UK PAO in that they add charges of £3 / day by way of "liquidated damages" for so called late payment. This is completely ridiculous legal concept, the first thing any self-respecting judge would do is remove these imposed charges since they deemed to penalties therefore disallowed under English Law.

Although they may threaten court, they good news is that, with any sort of a reasonable defence, they would lose. In fairness to most PPCs, they do know this, which is why they almost never go to County Court.

If you either ignore, or use the template letters, you will get annoying letters through the post, either from UKCPS themselves or from a debt collection agency. The drivel will continue for 5 or 6 letters then, if all goes to form, things will quieten down.

If, against all the odds [and I do mean 1000s to one.] they do issue court papers, look forward to kicking ass with the defence that you will get with the help of this forum.

No doubt I will be getting more letters from these people to which I will ignore. The issue details on the ticket are incorrect does that make it also non valid?

Concorde

As these are invoices any error that you draw their attention to will simply result in a corrected invoice being issued. This is a different from the situation with council PCNs as these cannot be corrected and re-issued once served. The issue of the wrong colour is not a major issue but can be used to challange the veracity of their other evidence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------