Fathers V Daughters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suspect many Dads will be only to familiar with the following scenario but just in case there are some Fathers out there who feel they alone have to put up with an unreasonable and stroppy kid of any age I post this very recent little tale in the fervent hope they won’t feel alone.

I should also mention that the ‘child’ in question is aged 20 + (never mind no one on the site knows her she’ll still never forgive me if I give it away here)

Daughter “Dad can I have some money please”

Me “No you can’t”

Daughter “Why not”

Me “Cos I said so that’s why”

Daughter “Dad can I have some money please”

Me “No you can’t”

Daughter “Why not”

Me “Cos I said so that’s why”

Daughter “Dad can I have some money pleeeeease”

Me “No you caaaaaan’t”

Daughter “Why not”

Me “Cos I bleeding say that’s why (note the irritation is beginning to show - bad idea)

Daughter “ Well! I want to know why I can’t have any money”

Me “Who are you my bloody keeper” (another big mistake irritation increasing)

Daughter “What do you mean”

At this point I decide to cool it a little - another bloody mistake & I should also mention at this point, particularly as he has a pivotal role in this story, that She has, as well as a good job, a complete Dork for a boyfriend who gets on my wick at the best of times & what follows does nothing to improve it

Me “What do you want the money for anyway & how much”?

Daughter “Me & (the dork) want to go out tonight

Me “WHAT! & you expect me to pay hasn’t he (the dork) got any money then”

Daughter “Well no

Me “Why”

Daughter “Can’t say”

Me “Why the hell not” (you’ll note more irritation beginning to appear)

Daughter “It’s a surprise”

Me “Who for & I don’t like surprises especially if they are going to cost ME money”

Daughter “ Don’t be so mean Dad he (the dork) is very excited”

Me “Excited or not why does he have no money & now expects me to pay so he (the dork) can romance my daughter

Daughter “He’s bought a car”

Me “A CAR”

Daughter “Yes a car & he’s very excited”

Me “I bet he (the dork) is” & how much did he pay for this car which excites him

Daughter “1,200 quid out of the Auto Trader

Me “Did he have to have that car couldn’t he have bought one for say 1,100 quid then he could have afforded to take you out as well” (that didn’t go down too well)

Daughter “Your being really mean dad” (I’m not really but there you go)

Me “Anyway you haven’t told me how much or what it’s for” (at this point I’m thinking maybe some bits for the ‘excited’ car fluffy dice perhaps - wrong)

Daughter “Yes I did - we want to go out Oh & I would like 500 quid please

Me “WHAT did you say £500 Bloody quid (now I’m losing it) where the hell does he want to take you - the bleeding Ritz (note the well founded sarcasm)

Daughter “Yes”

I will return to the story later as it ain’t finished & I’m off to thump someone, anyone right after having a very very stiff strong drink- also I now need the therapy

tell her youll give them the petrol money to show the car off to the neighbours around the block, but no way will you pay for a nite at the Ritz while the cars parked in a garage :p

honey x

best of luck

honey you don't know my kid - I have absolutley no chance of getting away with that

She'll have a fizz on for weeks:(

I know I'll wait till my Darling Wife (Her Mum) comes in & pass the buck:)

Ever bin to the Ritz - no - £500 is a bargain believe me
Answering for others as usual eh JC??...:o

YES I have, as it happens

...+ NO £500 isn't a bargain...:)

As for the rest of it, 'whooooosh' on your part!...:p

...:D

JC, you'd better make sure the evening out at the Ritz is not for (the dork) to dine and wine her in style before proposing! :shock:

I doubt She's that stupid - mind you She does go out with :confused:

Answering for others as usual eh JC??...:o

YES I have, as it happens

...+ NO £500 isn't a bargain...:)

As for the rest of it, 'whooooosh' on your part!...:p

...:D

What the hell does that mean & I doubt very much that you have stayed at the Ritz as you appear to be claiming otherwise you wouldn't be talking such rollocks

What the hell does that mean
Care to ask nicely, without swearing, + U will be told...;)

I doubt very much that you have stayed at the Ritz as you appear to be claiming otherwise you wouldn't be talking such rollocks
A rather presumptious statement on your part methinks JC??...:o

Several things need clarification...

U NEVER stated WHICH Ritz.

U NEVER stated (...until your quoted Post above) that a 'Stay' was involved.

U NEVER stated that I would have to be a mind-reader to know EXACTLY what U considered relevant, before U accused me of 'talking such rollocks'.

Methinks that perhaps U ought to chill a tad...:cool:

...I hope that U don't approach any of your legal/court proceedings with such impetuousity??...:?

Well you never stated you meant another Ritz as when most say I'm going to the Ritz or I'm putting on the Ritz. They mean THE RITZ not some dive

Also doesnt the request for £500 give you a clue that at stay might be involved if not not very sharp are we

Anyway it's a day in the life of a father so go peddle your charms elsewhere please

Been told I shouldn't mention my kid spending £500 on a visit to London as it might upset some of you. Insensitive apparently to those with now't

So to those who ARE upset & with now't you have my apologies not to say my deepest sympathy

So be warned nobody mention any exotic hols or new clothes, or new car will ya, it's not approved of. You all have to be in penuary

What the hell is the site coming to when you can't have a little light relief from the daily grief most here suffer

Incidentally I gave her more! than £500 but that was meant to be part of the next instalment:grin:

Oh for gods sake ! Some people need to be a less tetchy. This was only someone sounding off and we all need to do that at times. I personally was enjoying this tale and having a laugh..........it also brought back memories from my childs youth. I for one would like the next chapter please.

I thought this site was about sharing and caring :confused:

Hi Jailbird

Believe or not those sentiments about me spending £500 on my kid came from a MOD who PM'd me:mad:

& if it's site policy not to have a laugh or mention, as some appear to think, alleged feckless spending then I think we should be told

Also it did occur to me as an after thought, that any DCA reading my thread might have apoplexy thinking one of us could actually afford to do such things:grin:

Hi Jailbird

Believe or not those sentiments about me spending £500 on my kid came from a MOD who PM'd me:mad:

& if it's site policy not to have a laugh or mention, as some appear to think, alleged feckless spending then I think we should be told

Also it did occur to me as an after thought, that any DCA reading my thread might have apoplexy thinking one of us could actually afford to do such things:grin:

What!! People talk about their holidays etc..... we can't afford to go away even in England but it doesn't bother me what others do!

EVEN in England? I would have thought that England was one of the most expensive tourist destinations these days ;-0

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------