UKCPS (Huddersfield)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£395 and counting now, on my 5th letter from them,they don't know when to give in!!!

I've sent a letter now telling them I own the car but I wasn't the driver that day, also that I was working in Birminghan that day too, my employer can vouch for that. So I'm just waiting for them to reply.

I am also waiting for their bailiffs letter and maybe court action. We'll see what happens.

RIP My Little Angel Callam, Still Born 30th October 2007. Mummy and Daddy Will Always Miss You. YNWA xXx

Hi Everyone, I have am a newly registered user and would like some advise on UKCPS Ltd based at Huddersfield, who appear to be a private car park management firm, my wife was out for meal a few evenings ago with her friend in Leeds, it was a very wet night and they were struggling to find a parking spot, they came across some spaces in front of a cafe bar which was closed, there was no sign to say it was private and they thought it would be OK to park there while they went for their meal for a couple of hours, when they returned they found a 'Parking Notice Charge' stuck to the windscreen for a sum of £75. They couldn't believe it, and went to find where the signs were that warned of this, the signs found were not readable unless you went right up to them, it seems like a [problem] to me but can really do without a load of hassle, help what should we do.

Regards

Kevinblobbed

Absolutely nothing! These vermin provide their services 'free' to landowners in exchange for the right to terrorise motorists and make them pay unreasonable amounts. I could say you could appeal and say the signs weren't prominent enough, or the shop whose car park you use was not open for business. Or indeed, you don't know who the driver was, but any contact just winds up your blood pressure. Should they write to you, there is only 3 things you need to remember;

Keep their correspondence

Do not respond to it

Chuckle to yourself with each letter and their escalating threats.

They will use every trick to make you respond and pay, even hoping to wear you down. It was an innocent mistake, and as far as you are concerned, that is an end to the matter.

it seems like a [problem] to me but can really do without a load of hassle, help what should we do.

You're dead right it is a [problem]. Buzby has given good advice. Have a read of the Private Parking Companies guide

in the stickies section of the forum and you'll discover how much of a [problem] it is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there was no sign to say it was private and they thought it would be OK to park there while they went for their meal for a couple of hours, when they returned they found a 'Parking Notice Charge' stuck to the windscreen for a sum of £75.

At least you got a parking notice I didn't even get one!!! :mad:, If I did get one I think I would have paid it off. Makes me more determined not to pay them anymore.

RIP My Little Angel Callam, Still Born 30th October 2007. Mummy and Daddy Will Always Miss You. YNWA xXx

when they returned they found a 'Parking Notice Charge' stuck to the windscreen for a sum of £75. They couldn't believe it, and went to find where the signs were that warned of this, the signs found were not readable unless you went right up to them, it seems like a [problem] to me but can really do without a load of hassle, help what should we do.

All you have is an invoice disguised as a parking ticket. The law does not allow for private companies to give out financial penalties. If a random plasterer you'd never met put an invoice through your door, would you pay it?

These scamsters pay £2.50 to the DVLA for your address and then bombard you with letters, beoming increasingly threatening. Ignore them and they give up after 4 or 5 letters. Don't contact them.

They will not take you to court. They just want you to think they might so you'll be scared into paying up.

Be prepared for all such of lies in the letters like "the owner is liable", "you agreed to the terms and conditions" and "to avoid a CCJ you need to pay now".

There needs to be a law brought in to wipe these ****** companies from the face of the earth.

• 1 month later...

Right I've recieved a letter AGAIN from them, this time replying to my letter saying that it was the owner that is responsible irrespectful of who was driving the car that day. I can tell you now I wasn't in Leeds that day I was in Birmingham. It also says in the letter to put it mildly I don't have a leg to stand on if it went to the courts.

So I will continue to ignore the letters. Lets hope they stop pestering me!!!

It also says in the letter to put it mildly I don't have a leg to stand on if it went to the courts.

You probably received their template letter. They have two:

• your appeal has been unsuccessful. Pay up.

• you are a smartarse who knows the law, but we don't want to admit we're wrong. So here's some utterly irrelevant legalise to try and make you pay up.

I think you got the second!

Oh! the owner is responsible, no matter who was driving, I'd like them to point me in the direction of the legal authority to support that statement:D:D:D

What a bunch of bankers.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I've not actually heard of any UKCPS court cases, I actually live in that part of the world so could have expected to hear about the odd one. I've been directly involved with one [a relative - after a dose of ignoring UKCPS eventually did.......nothing] and have heard about a few others from aquaintences which went much the same way.

With their "owner is responsible" and £3 / day "liquidated damages" I don't see them hurrying to court to have their paperwork examined.

Hi there

I have also just been landed with a ticket from UKCPS Ltd and was astonished that they charge 75 quid straight up!

I also parked outside a private garage in leeds but it was about half six and the shop had shut for the day. I parked where it said "MOT only" but I figured since it was after work then it would be ok. It didnt actually say "no parking at any time" or reveal you are at risk of fines if you park here unlawfully.

Can I still hold firm and not pay the parking charge as other people havent done on these forums?

MAny thanks for your help and advice

LM

Hi Leedsman and welcome,

I'm surprised after just reading this thread you are contemplating doing anything but ignoring the unenforceable invoice you have received;)

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

You can lead a horse to water...

There is no need to 'have a defence'. There is no 'getting away with it'.

You need to understand that this is a [problem]. You don't owe them a penny.

If the sign had said you must pay £10,000 would you be writing them a cheque?

Please ignore these clowns and do not pay them a penny. All that will happen is that you will receive 5 or 6 letters. Ignoring them is the easiest thing in the world to do.

It would appear Leedsman has a merc. lamma - we do take recovery action with success and will not hesitate to do so in this case should the parking charge not be settled in due course. Leedsman may contact us to discuss at anytime

Please do not contact UKCPS and fall for this poster's intimidation Leedsman.

Perhaps leedsman would contact me using the private message service on this forum - he has nothing to lose. if all you posters are right he doesnt need to pay and if i am right he will avoid a court case and settle this amicably

Perhaps leedsman would contact me using the private message service on this forum - he has nothing to lose. if all you posters are right he doesnt need to pay and if i am right he will avoid a court case and settle this amicably

Its very unwise to seek advice by PM. Far better, Peternet, that you give the OP your advice in open forum so that we all get the benefit of your wisdom. I could do with a laugh.....

• Haha 1

Leedsman, you have a choice. Either fall for Peternet's intimidation or blank UKCPS completely. In the most miniscule of chances that court papers are issued then I'm quite sure that the experts on here will rally round and you will get the best of defences. UKCPS paperwork is not the best, their £3 / day "liquidated damages" is just so much nonsense. I really can not see any hope of UKCPS winning against a proper defence.