capital one refund

sharon1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for this fab website.

I sent capital one credit card a polite letter just over a week ago simply asking for a refund of all charges placed on my account. I received a letter today offering me a full refund of £452! I didnt even have to threaten court action or ask for statements.

(I'll make my donation as soon as I receive the cheque)

Good luck to everyone claiming x

Did they really just refund you charges, I am looking to claim my back around £800. Did they cancel your card. Did you state that they were not comply with the DPA or was it just a basic can I have my charges back.

Please reply and good for you.

Abbey National - Prelim Letter sent / LBA sent 10th August.

Capital One - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - Offered £428 - Refused. Statement received Actual charges £1060. M/C ISSUED PAID IN FULL I WON

GMAC Redmption Penalty - Letter sent requesting full detailed explaination of charges/exspense and penalty charges received

Yorkshire Bank/Visa - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent. Visa Prelim sent £235. No statements as yet for Bank Account.

This site has been so helpfull I will donate to keep it running to help others. :p

Hi Murphy55

I just wrote a basic letter asking for any default charges to be returned, said I was a loyal customer and didnt believe the charges reflected the true cost to the company.

I was very sceptical and didnt expect anything back, I thought i probably had about £250 worth of charges (my limit is only £600).

The letter says they dont agree with the OFT ruling, but they will refund the charges, no mention of closing my account, just some stuff to say its my responsibilty and i should keep my account within the limit and pay the bill on time.

Good luck with your claim, what stage are you at?

Hi Sharon

Thanks for your quick reply, Which address did you write to. I will type my letter tonight and fingers crossed.

Thanks

Capital One - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - Offered £428 - Refused. Statement received Actual charges £1060. M/C ISSUED PAID IN FULL I WON

GMAC Redmption Penalty - Letter sent requesting full detailed explaination of charges/exspense and penalty charges received

Yorkshire Bank/Visa - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent. Visa Prelim sent £235. No statements as yet for Bank Account.

This site has been so helpfull I will donate to keep it running to help others. :p

I'd be wary about straying from the 'tried & tested' methods & guidelines that are given here on the Bank Action Group.

If Sharon has been successfull - then great stuff & congratulations.

But my claim is for less than this, and Capital One have let me go as far as Court now without offering me a full refund.

You've got to bear in mind that help is here, but you've got to give us a chance by following the guidelines!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I tried Sharons approach and sent 2 letters 1 for myself and 1 for my husband. I sent them 2 weeks ago and today got the replys.My reply said they are investingating the complaint and my husbands was totally different it said when he opened his account in October 2004 he agreed to the terms and conditions. However they were willing to offer him a payment of £160 as a good will gesture. Looks like they hav'nt got a clue what they are doing.

LOOKS LIKE THEY WILL BE GETTING THE DPA LETTER AND I HAVE WASTED 2 WEEKS OF MY TIME.

I think it depends who it goes through, (i wanted a charge removed before it made me overdrawn at lloyds bank,) the first phone call point blank refused, called an hour later & instant result with pleasant service.

My letter to Capital One went on for three pages, kept adding stuff, readjusting phrases, adding case laws etc, mild threats, begging, sarcasam, general dripple, then thought to hell with it & sent the lot.I think i'll either get a good will partial refund just so i dont write again, or they'll close my account down.

Its quite nerve racking waiting for a response

Is there a specific persons name on the letter Sharon? I've found Capital One ok to deal with so far. Managed to get statements from them without using DPA request! Just about to send my prelim letter, so a helful persons name on th eenvelope could help!! :)

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

Hi All

Just to keep you updated, I got my reply from the first letter I sent politely requesting refund of all charges on my account. The Jest Of it is:

Our fees are in line with other banks and financial institutions.as you're probably aware the oft are not challenging of banks to charge default fees but merely the level of those fees.the oft has said it believes default fees of £12 are likely to be fair we disagree . ive reviewed your account and as a matter of goodwill id like to reduce the fees we've added to your account to £12. so i can do these refunds totalling £428.

If they are offering £428 I would like to know how much I have really paid ( I only have a £200 limit). I sent my Data Protection Act letter a week ago. I will follow it with a polite thanks but no thanks for your offer, I would like 100% refund. Along with (Alans Letter) reminding them they have x amount of days to comply with the DPA.

I will keep you all posted.:p

Hello All.... I've had a 2nd letter from Crap 1 after the initial "we'll keep £12 and pay you the difference". I wrote back saying "no thank you, all please". The 2nd letter from them sais they cannot work out what interest has been paid on the money they've added but I think they are paying me too much anyway! Ho Hum.... Wasn't a huge amount but every little helps

Good luck to all