Woodwa5 v Barclays [Goldfish card charges] ***WON***

woodwa5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am absolutely fuming!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent these idiots an SAR on the 25th January. I received a letter from them today (2 months later) saying that they need some ID and that the postal order I sent them had to be made to Goldfish and not just left blank at the top.

How the hell has this taken 2 months to tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely the 40 day limit is to enable you to thrash these issues out within the time limit. I sorted the id situation out in one phonecall today and they told me that Goldfish now have a further 40 days. I THINK NOT!!!!

What can I do now as I don't want to wait another 40 days.

I am also seriously considring making a tonne of requests under the freedom of information act to bog them down (just for p*****g me off). Just things like how many SAR's they have dealt with in the last year and whatever else I can think of,

THEY HAVE ANGERED THE WRONG MAN!!!!!!!

Woodwa5:mad:

How frustrating! It may be worth writing a formal complaint to them. Try perhaps a 28 day deadline or if not you will report them to outside agencies such as the Information Commissioner.

Just an idea, see what others think.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have had a look around and found most of my statements. I will still pursue the S.A.R but I have fired off a prelim based on the statements I have with some arguments from Steven4064 with regards to charges more than 6 years old. Can I add any new charges from statements i receive to this when they arrive,

Woodwa5:)

• 1 month later...

well no great shocks in that they failed to reply to the prelim' and so far have failed to reply to the LBA. I am going to file at court next Friday but I don't expect them to reply,

Woodwa5:confused:

They will have to reply once you file in court. I predict they will acknowledge and say they intend to defend the entire claim and then, within 2 weeks, you will get a full offer.

• 2 weeks later...

My credit card was with morgan stanley. on the POC would i put morgan stanley or goldfish. all the responses have been from goldfish and i don't even think morgan stanley issue credit cards any more. I'm going to file in court over the next couple of days so a swift response would be great,

kindly

woodwa5;)

Hi, Woodwa5.

What were the fees and what are they now ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

btw i am having major issues figuring out who on earth i sue for my morgan stanley card. I have decided on goldfish as it was them that replied to my S.A.R (although they have chosen to ignore all further correspondance). What happens if i'm wrong and they say it should be barclays?

Fees to be taken

Column 1

Number and description of fee Column 2

Amount of fee

1 Starting proceedings (High Court and county court)

1.1 On starting proceedings (including proceedings issued after permission to issue is granted but excluding Claim Production Centre cases brought by Centre users or cases brought by Money Claim OnLine users) to recover a sum of money where the sum claimed—

(a) does not exceed £300; £30

(b) exceeds £300 but does not exceed £500; £45

© exceeds £500 but does not exceed £1,000; £65

(d) exceeds £1,000 but does not exceed £1,500; £75

(e) exceeds £1,500 but does not exceed £3,000; £85

(f) exceeds £3,000 but does not exceed £5,000; £108

(g) exceeds £5,000 but does not exceed £15,000; £225

(h) exceeds £15,000 but does not exceed £50,000; £360

That's what it say's :)

Must be right ;)

Regards.

Scott.

unusual for something to go down in price these days

No half :)

Re: your other question, I've asked someone to have a look.

Regards.

Scott.

The court service did adjust the cost of filing claims a while back. A list of the charges are on the HMCS website if your unsure.

Also the vast majority of Goldfish accounts transfered to Morgan Stanley a while back. Before putting in a court claim, i would call someone at Goldfish or Morgan Stanley to see who is responsible. I believe you should go for Morgan Stanley, they now own the brand. I believe Goldfish was just a brand name.

If you get this wrong your claim could be thrown out, and you will lose your fee. Hope this helps.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Yes, good idea, thank you ..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well I phoned morgan stanley today and it goes straight through to goldfish. They state that it would be 'goldfish card services ltd' despite the fact they are owned by barclays.

That goes in the post tomorrow the. Can I just clarify that I put three copies of everything in the envelope?

Woodwa5

Yes,

I'm sure it's three copies.

I'll get back to you later (have to go out :rolleyes:)

Regards.

Scott.

• 3 weeks later...

Also the vast majority of Goldfish accounts transfered to Morgan Stanley a while back. Before putting in a court claim, i would call someone at Goldfish or Morgan Stanley to see who is responsible. I believe you should go for Morgan Stanley, they now own the brand. I believe Goldfish was just a brand name.

I think it was the other way round.

I am in the same situation, my card was supplied by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter a long time ago, I received a letter explaining that Morgan Stanley would be transferring the business to Goldfish, then a little while later I received a letter stating Barclays had purchased the credit card business of Goldfish http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/137580-barclays-buys-credit-card.html , and they stated that this will include all Morgan Stanley Credit Cards and all will come under the administration of Barclaycard.

They have also stated that Barclay's Bank PLC will now be the data controller.

Although my statements continued to come as Morgan Stanley at the bottom it says Goldfish Card Services Limited, it tells you to visit the Morgan Stanley Website, and Barclays have handled the payments for sometime.

Letters are now on Goldfish headed paper but now have "Goldfish cards are issued by Barclays Bank plc" & "Goldfish Card Services Limited is an appointed representative of Barclays Bank plc".

So Barclays issue cards for Goldfish.

Goldfish is a representative of Barclays.

Morgan Stanley don't want anything to do with it, accept you can still use the website, and your statements still bear their name.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sharkie

it's a rediculous situation where the customer has no idea as to who to sue. I did phone goldfish and they stated it would still be them. I suppose I started process when it wasn't even owned by barclays anyway and my papers are now in court and were deemed to have been served yesterday. If there is a problem I think I would a legitimate complaint to make buti'll let you know how it goes,

Woodwa5:confused:

It is confusing and I'm sure much of it has been left that way on purpose.

In your case Goldfish have been acknowledging your letters, they have had ample opportunity to point you in a different direction.

Go for it and stick to your time tables.

Sharkie

It is 3 Copies :)