New claimant against NatWest **WON**

Bigredbus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody (God knows how many of you!)...

I have banked, happily, with NatWest for the past 18 months when suddenly and out of the blue they decided that it was time to get harsh.

I have one of those Advantage Gold Accounts, which contractually allows to few privileges (Reduced insurances, travel insurance at low cost, preferencial Interest loans and so on!). I am no Cresus or new rich, my wages just covering my living. Of course, I went over my overdraft limit every month, since December. NatWest charged me consequently and never took much notice since they were "helping". About a month ago a customer adviser called me and informed me that they were closing the tap and were not to allow me free banking (???????). As a direct result, they charged me £280.00 in various charges (that represents about 18% of my monthly wage) -Referral charges and Items returned unpaid -

You can easily imagine how fuming I was. Direct action: opened a new bank account at First Direct. I left the previous bank account in negative and transferred £100.00 to bring it within its agreed overdraft. What do you think they did? Charged me Referral Charges, Interests and charges for Item returned unpaid (total: £84.86). All S/O and D/D have been transferred to the new bank and being paid... What is NatWest doing?

I am p***** off... for the last 6 months they happily charged me approximately £720.00 in various unlawful charges (averaging £120.00/month).

I am so desillusioned by the quality of their customer services that I decided to 1) only contact them by letter and

2) claim what belongs to me...

Ok... charges have to be applied in some circumstances but not in order to feed the pig gold...

I am going to war against the Scrooge and Pantagruel at the same time... Banks... the more they have the more they want!

I am now sending a Data Protection Act to the Data Protection Act MAnager at NatWest...

Will keep you informed of the progress I make...

A fuming and totally unhappy ex NatWest Customer...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went online banking, browsing old account (NatWest) and new one. All DDs and SOs have been cancelled and transferred to new bank. Cancellation date on or around the third week of June and new bank took over from 01 June. Discovered today that despite all automated transactions being cancelled via online banking Natwest still debited my account, bringing it well over its agreed overdraft limit, meaning... I am now incurring a penalty charge for Unarranged Borrowing...

What about that?

That just sounds like a breach of contract!

:-D

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 2 weeks later...

Let the battle begin...

Sending DPA request on Monday morning.

Guest NATTIE

If you're account is still ADGD then convert it back to a current plus account because you cannot get a refund on that(the ADGD).

If you're account is still ADGD then convert it back to a current plus account because you cannot get a refund on that(the ADGD).

Will follow your advice on Monday morning...

Thanks very much...

Guest NATTIE

Remember fees on ADGD go out the following month so £12 end of this month and partial month probably £6 end of next month, everything else is fair game

Remember fees on ADGD go out the following month so £12 end of this month and partial month probably £6 end of next month, everything else is fair game

I do not intend to claim the ADGD fee back... it is only fair indeed...

Guest NATTIE

Sorry I wasn't suggesting that, I was just mentioning info on when the fee would go out in case you thought that there was another fee that was part of excessive fees. From the threads you could be about 2 months on this. Any fees up the the court action side of things are claimable, I think

A fuming and totally unhappy ex NatWest Customer...

Welcome to the club! ;)

Good luck with your action!

Y

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

All looks in order with your claim, keep us posted on this thread and we are here is you need any help.

Good luck

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

hello i am new to this site , i did write a message / thread on 6th july 2006. i printed off and posted a data protection act to natwest the same day.

i have read the facts over and over but i am really confused, i havent got all my bank statements but from the ones i have got missing around one every other month , these charges calculate to at least £2 ,500 i was charged £480 alone in the last 3 month`s. but the majority of the time i hadnt enough money in my bank to pay a d/d so natwest would charge me £35 ?????? when they knew there was no money in the account and debit there money that day !,,, then they would allow the company to re-try a couple of days later...and then charge me a further £35 , and it carries on.then give me an unauthorised borring charge on my account.

so..dpa was posted 06/07/06

what happens now- i think if i understand this procedure i have to wait 35 days?

is this correct?

very broke & confused natwest customer?

P.S I WILL DONATE 5% TO THIS SITE "WHEN I GET MY MONEY" !!!!!

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!:p

I WILL BE DONATING MONEY WHEN WON TO THIS SITE FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN!!! WELL HELPING ATLEAST!!!!!!

S.A.R SENT 06/07/06 -----

REQUEST FOR NatWest STATEMENTS 25/07/06-delivered 03/08/06-:p

PRELIM SENT 30/08/06---:D

received offer of £400-

lba sent-27/09/06

COURT 8% INTEST SHEETS SENT 26/10/06

MONEYCLAIM FILED- 01/11/06

CAPITAL ONE YOUR NEXT!!!!!! :x:!::x

All looks in order with your claim, keep us posted on this thread and we are here is you need any help.

Good luck

I will, indeed, keep you informed of the progress I make... and thanks for your help and support...

hello - you are so friendly and welcoming here :) , i dont like to be a pain but i have sent my d.p.a and am ii right in what i read and hopefully understand :confused: that if NatWest:-x do not reply within 40 days i sent a breach of d.p.a , then wait for a reply.

i am also unusure :confused: of how leaving messages on this forum works do you start a new thread or not , im really sorry if i have done it wrong :| , ive never done anything like this before , well i have never even spoke on a chat room , msn is as far as i have been ..sheltered life.:o .i know!!

any replies are welcome.

i have read through all the faqs as pointed out but its just alot to take in , im just scared ill do it wrong!

i will donate 5% of all money i get as i would not even know about it if it hadnt have been for this site & money expert.

good luck to everyone claiming & keep up the good work you are all absolutely fab!!!

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!:p

I WILL BE DONATING MONEY WHEN WON TO THIS SITE FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN!!! WELL HELPING ATLEAST!!!!!!

S.A.R SENT 06/07/06 -----

REQUEST FOR NatWest STATEMENTS 25/07/06-delivered 03/08/06-:p

PRELIM SENT 30/08/06---:D

received offer of £400-

lba sent-27/09/06

COURT 8% INTEST SHEETS SENT 26/10/06

MONEYCLAIM FILED- 01/11/06

CAPITAL ONE YOUR NEXT!!!!!! :x:!::x

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for statements... How much patience should one have with banks?

Guest NATTIE

I never like to boast but statements should take max of 14 days, been there ordered them and received within timescale. Have posted on Bank Workers thread and NW on ordering copy statements.

Right... Received the statements. Calculated the charges and then... question to Natwest Staff Member (or any helpful mind)... I have an Advantage Gold Account, which has been opened end of May 2003. Running of this account is charged on a monthly basis. For the first year and a half I have been charged £9.00/month and then incurred an increase to £10.00/month. From November 2005 the bank charge does not appear so clearly on statements and I have been charged £38.00/month. Surely there's something wrong or else shall I understand that that specific charge has been burried within other charges? - and if it is the case how do I calculate the detail of charges due?

Many thanks...:?

Hi Chris,

Firstly, thank you for your precious advice. Now I am very suprised that they merged ADGD running charge and a different charge. Shouldn't they be clearer and collapse all their charges on statements... Moreover, doesn't that very wrongdoing allows me to claim the entirety of the charge on the ground that it does not correspond to any charge defined in their charges booklet. As you mentioned - £38.00 charge is £12 AG and £26 charges - They already, as we know, have great difficulties in justifying the charges they apply to accounts... How are they going, before a court, explain why they merged two very different charges in one?

The all thing does not make any sense... They are loosing credibility and consistency...

Hello All

Plse Excuse Me If I Am Doing This Wrong However I Am A New Member Filing For Charges From Natwest For The Amount Of £3162.00.

Have Read Through F.a.q

Have Requested

23/08/06 RECIEVED STATMENTS:) 25/08/06 SENT PREM LETTER

Guest NATTIE

Read page 1 and Chris you are wrong on the charge on ADGD. The £38 was £28 charges and £10 ADGD, the fee went up for ADGD to £12 in June this year so the charge later on ie £40, would £28 charge and £12 ADGD

Dear Natweststaffmember. Thanks for your reply. I now understand that charge but it still does not explain why Natwest merged a penalty charge and a fee into a single charge. A fee, by definition, is a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services and a charge is a financial liability. How can two very different charges be merged into one?

As a customer I am not supposed to be acquainted with banking practices, methodologies and procedures necessary to dig up fees and charges from one single charge, instead I expect my banker to make my statements easy and simple to read, detail charges so I can understand where my money goes...

As a result I might input these charges on my detail of charges and claim them back as in no way I am suppose to know that they are a fee and a charge merged into a single one...

Guest NATTIE

I have information to empower you which is what this site is about. The reason I corrected the error is because it has been said on the threads time and time again that you cannot claim the ADGD fee as it is a service charge. If you choose to do so then thats fine but if you didn't then you would be claiming a lesser amount and therefore not recouping the full PENALTY charges that are owed to you. Good luck with the claim.

Oh yes... I am claiming them all back... one by one... up to the last penny... and thanks for your help...