lost my rag last night!

mailmannz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was sitting at home, enjoying a quiet evening with the family out of the house when the phone goes off 2 nights ago...I answer and its one of those Indian call centre lackies from HSBC calling to to ask me to identify myself.

I refused to identify myself and asked her to identify herself, I asked her who she was, how do I know who she is and all she could say was, in broken english "Ive proven who I am when I said Im from HSBC" and then started to read a form letter to me demanding me to identify myself and trying to ask why my account had been £21 over drawn [for 1 day before fund went in to it].

I refused to continue talking to her, hanging up while she was repeating her form letter!

Anyway, last night, the family was out again and low and behold the phone rings again and its another Indian call centre lacky from HSBC calling asking me to identify myself, which I duly refused citing that she could be a phisher for all I know trying to get info on my bank account so they can steal from me. Again she started to read a form letter to me, demanding I identify myself and asking why my account was over drawn.

It was at this stage that I really lost my rag with the poor woman and just started ranting and raving, trying my hardest not to swear, but being very short with her and letting her know how ****ed off I was!

In my exasperation I demanded she remove all my phone numbers from the system and that all further discussions between HSBC and myself, due to the rather harrasing nature of their phone calls, will have to be done via post.

She then started going on about leaving a note on my account but couldnt guarantee that someone wouldnt call in the future if they wanted to get ahold of me. Again I asked her to remove all phone numbers they had for me, but she kept on talking about not being ale to guarantee I wont get called again...at this point I just hung on up her in a real huff!!!

The phone call actually ruined my entire evening, how the woman wouldnt shut up and just kept repeating the form letter she had demanding I identify myself and why my account was over drawn!

Just wondering if I can sue them for mental anguish? :)

Oh yeah, the point of this rant...am I legally able to demand they remove my phone numbers from their HSBC customer system?

Regards

Mailman

Next time when they ask you to ID yourself point out that they are phoning you not the other way round.

Just ignore their questions & plough on regardless with the following speaking over them if necessary. Don't be put off or distracted by any of their question just carry on as if they aren't speaking.

Say you cannot cooperate because you are aware, through the media, that a great deal of fraud against bank customers is being perpetrated from tricksters particularly from overseas one of which she/he might be.

Ask for their details name, status, direct contact tel. no etc: as you will report this contact & attempts to obtain your personal info to the banks fraud department - then tell them (at the end) that for security reasons the call is being recorded.

You can hear them shuffling about on their seat all the way from Asia

If you are able to use Internet Banking, you can remove your phone number there. I was tempted to replace mine with the number of their own damn call centre. :rolleyes:

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

Throw her a curve ball. This one is always a good one for the overseas call centres - They have no clue what to say or do.

" I deem the quantity and frequency of your calls to me are personally harrassing. I am now verbally requesting that these stop. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine."

They usually hang up. They never rang me again! I was myself overdrawn by £13.49 due to payday been a day late!

Alternatively have some fun with them and play parts from Peter Kay down the phone. The big thing is don't let them wind you up!

"Garlic Bread, its the future"

If you are able to use Internet Banking, you can remove your phone number there. I was tempted to replace mine with the number of their own damn call centre. :rolleyes:

Great Idea

Better still I think is replace your number with a premuim rate one to another call centre that gives loads of choices then their computer can speak to another computer to it's hearts content

Can you imagine both of them saying to each other "I'm sorry I didn't recognise your choice please try again" "I'm sorry I didn't recognise YOUR choice please try again" "NO I didn't recognise YOUR choice please try AGAIN over & over - what a wonderful thought - I wonder can computers get phone rage:D

• Haha 1

Throw her a curve ball. This one is always a good one for the overseas call centres - They have no clue what to say or do.

" I deem the quantity and frequency of your calls to me are personally harrassing. I am now verbally requesting that these stop. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine."

They usually hang up. They never rang me again! I was myself overdrawn by £13.49 due to payday been a day late!

Alternatively have some fun with them and play parts from Peter Kay down the phone. The big thing is don't let them wind you up!

"Garlic Bread, its the future"

Another great idea but I bet the OP will get out the 1st sentence when he will feel their eyes glaze over cause they won't understand a word which i suppose is part of the plan

Thanks guys. What I also forgot to mention is that HSBC had called my home number several times earlier in the day when I was at work!

Since then though, I havent bugger all from them! :)

Mailman

I always use a false telephone number for all of my accounts which I do not feel warrant contact via the telephone - I normally either make up a random string of numbers, or choose one that is ironic - like giving HSBC the number for my local Natwest branch.