Buchannan Cark and Wells.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just saw afew posts from a while back and thought i would get your views on my problem.

I recieved a letter from Buchannan Clark and Wells for the amount of £4400. I pressumed this was for a ride on lawnmower and trailer that i got through HBOS finance for my business for which i had missed two payments.

After reading their letter asking for full payment they stated if i paid within a week the would reduce the money to £3400. "Fair enough" i thought , they were being fair so i got together the money that i could and paid the bill.

Low and behold the bank tell me that ive not paid off the trailer and mower but something completely different. The Bank dont know wot has happened and BCW refuses to tell me wot i hav paid for as my date of birth doesnt match wot they hav on their records.

BCW were more than happy to take the money though my details didnt match up but now i question it they refuse to tell me anything.

God this is annoying. And im £3400 out of pocket.........oh and the bank still want there money aswell.

Im a new business , im stressed , im skint and i want my money back because it looks like ive paid for something which i didnt owe in the first place.

Any help would be great

1st off how did you pay for this, cash, credit card/debit card, if either of the latter demand the bank grab it back under the debit guarantee scheme if im right. Im guessing you kept some form of reciept before handing over such a large amount. Its ashame you didnt find this site before doing anything and CCA'd them 1st to prove it was your debt because now it will be like getting blood out of a stone getting cash back from these scumbags in my experience, even if they are in the wrong. In my opinion Id also say they have fraudulently got that large sum of cash out of you.

Im sure someone will be along soon with a lot more knowledge of these dealings can give a better answer.

It was by debit card.

Thank for ur post , this website is great and i do wish i had found it sooner lol

Ive drafted up a letter to send to them so i'll see how it goes. Ive only been in business for 2 years so i could realy be doing without this right now.

Thanks again

go into a main branch of your bank then, explain the situation and ask them to grab back the money, im sure there is a clause with debit cards still for instances like this.

I hope you get your cash back and dont end up paying off someone elses debt. DCA's dont care who pays as long as they get the money.