TomTom Sat Nav 4 month+ Saga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am looking for some advice, I seem to have lost my way with this one. (No sat nav pun intended)

My tomtom 910(£499) stopped charging its battery at the start of November 2007, I contacted tomtom and under warranty they dealt with the repair very rapidly (1 week or so)(My device was sold with a 2 year warranty and at this point it was about 15months old).

However when the unit returned from Scotland(Repair centre) it was all working except for the traffic reciever(Plug in module:-£70), Since then following the advice from tomtom I have tried updating and downdating software more times than I care to remember, they have sent me a new traffic reciever and a new windscreen dock. It has been to repair to scotland again and to Holland(Head office) twice!! (4 repairs in total+ time waiting for replacement parts and software) I have written to the chairman to express my disgust with the service recieved, but I am getting nowhere fast.

I was advised again by tomtom to change the software out following their instructions, this has now left my device completely dead. Before I call them again and probably get advised to send it back for the fifth time, could someone give me some advice?

I think I have been more than fair allowing them to fix it but it is now beyond a joke.

Should I think about small claims? they are based in the netherlands will this cause a problem?

Please help.

Mike