mum vs littlewoods direct and marshall wards

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lisa,

I`m no expert, but from what I gather, they are accepting £1 as part payment towards her monthly payment. As she is not paying the full monthly payment, she will receive charges in the way of missed/late payment charges.

This will have the result of knocking up the balance and also knocking up the interest each month.

What is the minimum monthly payment on the statement?

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right the original letter u sent them did u say u are willing to pay £1.00 a month with certain conditions?

If so this is good as it shows they are accepting the £1 with the conditions.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

hi there all

the statement she gets is from ndr (national debt recovery limited)

and is just says payment not received £965.41 payment received with thanks £1.00 adminisration charges £12.00 interest £25.08 total to pay £1001.49

lisa

Hi Lisa,

Soooo, Statements always use the words `paid with thanks`, it`s probably just automatic. The £12 looks like a charge for the Statement, from them, and obviously the interest is exactly that.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

subscribing as I'm fighting Littlewoods/NDR as well.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Guest forgottenone

This may have been mentioned in this thread ... as only just seen it, NDR etc ... But NDR is Littlewoods. Same address, same building in Liverpool. I still don't understand how NDR, and the other 'in-house' DCA's get away with it as they are misleadingly stating they are external to the companies concerned. Given most of their opening letters begin 'your debt has been passed to us by our client Littlewoods/Kays/SDFS' ... same desk, same office.

If now you want to shoot me for saying something everyone already knew in this thread ... :D But not everyone does.

Lisa can u look at my question and answer it please as this will help us all.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Lisa can u look at my question and answer it please as this will help us all.

Going off the wording, I wouldn`t say she offered any conditions.

It`s sounds more like Lisa explained why she could only afford £1.

kk. Well if that is the situation then i would re send the offer and make sure it has conditions like stop all charges etc.

Are there any charges on this account? I don`t think it has been brought up has it?

Well apparantly she's paying £1 per month and getting a £12 admin charge plus interest of approx £25 added.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I dont know but i can imagine there are as they are charging £12.00 a month which is the late/ non full payment fee and interest.

cant afford it according to lisa in a earlier post. I had suggested lisa lends mum the money but she said no.

• 1 month later...

Hi there all

Was wondering if anyone could help please. Mum has not heard anything for a bit from littlewoods direct, she has been paying them a pound a month and they have been accepting it according to the statemnets. But she has recieved this letter in the post and we are asking for some help on what we can send back.

lisa

yep as paul has said b4 this is not valid.

They are acceptig the payments and if they do take you to court they wont get far as they have nothing really to go on. the courts will more than likely throw it out an award your mum costs etc.

Also the DN is full of charges which i have been old is not allowed.

You could ask them to justify the Default Notice.

I would say say, they are accepting the £1 as part payment, but you are still not satisfying the monthly minimum payments based upto the agreement.

I`m not sure how to challenge this as they have a CCA. Perhaps a SAR would reveal some charges which could lower the balance.

Does this account have PPI at all?

Anyone else?

N.P

They are being like this cause u are not jumping when they demand u do.

Look at it this way if they was to want blood outta a stone it will take them forever. They want there money now and how they want it paid. Now your mum cant afford the amount they want her to pay and she is not rolling over to there games.

So as she is not playing ball they are getting in to a tantrum and are trying to assert some athority. In a way that they think she will give them there money.

Dont give in they cant have anymore money than she can afford.

• 2 weeks later...

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

yep lisa you could but also point out that the £1 will only continue whilest the following is happening.

No deafult charges/late payment fees on the acc.

No interest charges on the acc.

No insufficiant payment charges on the acc