The ULTIMATE question. ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we're too busy confusing religion and God. religion is Man-made..........with all our inherent faults. But until someone can prove to me there isn't a God..........then I'll continue to believe that one exists.

Better safe, than sorry

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first question we should be asking ourselves is “to which god is the thread starter referring?” the non-existence of any god or god moniker).

As you wish.

So, like I said in a much shorter sentence: Whatever helps you get through the day, dude.

Way to go Mrs Taylor.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Now this is a particularly interesting conclusion. Care to expand on it?

it's the safety -net theory of the agnostic

It's impossible to prove the existence of a God, but equally it's impossible to prove He doesn't exist either.

So just in case the Day of Judgement actually happens,it's best to believe to be on the safe side

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I took my kids to a christening a few years ago now and in a very quiet moment in the ceremony my daughter (aged about three at the time) said to me 'Mummy, who is God?' :eek:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

hi charley I have heard off that one too, the nothing to lose thoery makes a lot of sence maybe we must have listerned to the same person at some point.

Tony what have you started.?? Hugh, I can't see the difference between you and Ukav either, are you sure you have not got those tight slacks on mate.:)

I believe in God but as to the bible I do think it's a bit out dated and old fashioned if it isn't then or our socioties morals have been dug well and truly in the ground

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

it's the safety -net theory of the agnostic

It's impossible to prove the existence of a God, but equally it's impossible to prove He doesn't exist either.

So just in case the Day of Judgement actually happens,it's best to believe to be on the safe side

do have to say that i agree with u on that one cos no one can say for sure he dont exist so best to play safe and be good and all that :Dthen when we get to the pearly gates well be let in not sent to tother place ;)xxkia

I do have to point out that the nothing to lose policy is really hard work. for instance if you choose to believe just because you can't prove otherwise you then have to follow a cause of action to make sure you hedge your bets so to speak and act like a good christian even if you wanted to strangle someone, no more telling porkies. if you have been given too much change in a shop you have to hand it back, give to charity etc etc etc its no enough saying you believe but doing nothing about it. I personally do all this things anyway ops where my halo but isn't that what we should all be doing any way being the best person we can be. and to bring up our kids to do the same. ever action has a reaction good or bad and what comes around goes around.

But on saying all that I have also found that the biggest hypocrites happen to those who believe in some form of god and the worse behaved children and from a religious background. On quite a few occasions when children from christian families have behaved really badly, instead of being punished for the actions the parents have asked every one to pray for them to behave better yer ok. However churches are not completly full of hypocrites, there's plenty of room for more ha and you don't have to be one to join however it does help

have you every noticed that if you are given to much change by mistake and you do not give it back odds are you will lose it.

i think it's called the fear of GOD

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Never bring into question politics or religion-everyone has an opinion which in my experience never agrees with anyone Else's.:) TonyC, you have a lot to answer for:D

Rubbish.

Everybody's opinion is welcome. See post number 1.

Those who cant debate the possible options, in my opinion, are the ones who cause the most unrest.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

I "borrowed" this from the letters to Viz thread. Thanks Fred.

A woman whose daughter was hospitalised in a US tornado told ITV News that 'God would make her better.' presumably, that's a different God from the one that almost killed her with a tornado.

M Lovejoy

Never bring into question politics or religion-everyone has an opinion which in my experience never agrees with anyone else's.:) TonyC, you have a lot to answer for:D

Quite the contrary; always bring into question the beliefs of others and yourself; blind acceptance without applied thought serves no purpose other than to create slavish obedience.

It's largely through disagreement, discourse and ultimate protest against the beliefs of others that our species has reached such an unprecedented level of intellectual and philosophical freedom.

Remember moggieb, politically it's only through protest that our social representatives are elected rather than self appointed. Only through protest that we have the right to be judged by our peers in criminal trials. Only by protest that few of us work a full week and have holiday entitlement. Only through protest that women can vote. And perhaps more topically, only through protest that people can reclaim their bank charges.

TEZ, we like to think it's through protest!! but lets face it government does not listen to protests or pressure groups unless they have a ulterior motive to do so.

cases won

TEZ, we like to think it's through protest!! but lets face it government does not listen to protests or pressure groups unless they have a ulterior motive to do so.

This statement is not accurate, nor I suspect - if pressed - could you justify it. This tends to be the classic response from those who feel politically disempowered, but it has not, is not, nor is likely to ever become completely true. Of course there are occasions in which governments refuse to listen to the populous unless it suits their interests (the UK's shameful compliance with America's policy of state-backed terrorism is an example), but ultimately governments will always be moulded by the popular will.

Legislation moves downward. Social change moves up.

None of the major changes in social, religious or political history I've already mentioned came about through the establishment listening to the people because it satisfied their own interests, indeed, in most cases quite the reverse. The establishment is ultimately beholden to the will of the people, and however disenfranchised we might individually feel it remains a fact that collectively we can force change.