IVA's And Windfalls!

kano24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I would appreciate some advice.

I currently have an IVA that is due to end in a a few months time. I have recently been succesful in reclaiming just under £4000 worth of bank charges from Lloyds TSB.

Having been in contact with the supervisor of my IVA, they are of the oppinion that the money I have recieved is a windfall, and I need to pay it into my IVA for the benefit of all my creditors.

I am not of the same oppinion. I would a agree that something like a lottery win would be a windfall but I can't see how the paying back of unlawful penalty charges can be seen as though.

I would be grateful for any comments from anyone with any legal knowledge on this.

Many Thanks

Paul

Lloyds TSB - £2808 Settled in full 15/11/06

HSBC - Settled £810.56 in full 11/11/06

BarclayCard - Data Protection Act sent 05/09/06

Failed to privide information - Complaint issued to the Information Commissioners Office 12/10/06

NatWest - £54 settled in full 15/11/06

Capital One - Prelim Letter sent 16/10/06

LBA sent 30/10/06

CitiCards - Prelim Letter sent 29/09/06

LBA sent 10/10/06

Claim issued 04/12/06

Acknowledged 07/12/06

StyleCard - Cheque for £130.00 recieved 20/10/06 - FULL SETLLEMENT!

RFS - Settled in full £494 08/1/07

Can I just ask, if you only have a few months to go on your IVA, why did you tell them?

I have an IVA and I reclaimed my bank charges last year April and have my IVA since the year before and I certainly didnt declare that to them!!

My IVA does state that if i receive a bonus or lump sum, I should declare it to them and that would go towards the IVA contributions, but the way I saw it was I reclaimed my monies which I believe I was entitled to have paid back and I didnt why I would have to hand it all over to them.

My argument would be that this was income you had already received and paid tax on therefore it is not a windfall but a refund of money taken out of your earnings. After all, depending on how long you have had the IVA, you would have declared your net earnings to the IP and the amount removed by the bank to fill their coffers would already have been taken into account in the IVA. In the same way that it is not income for benefit purposes or tax purposes.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON