New User

shuby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all new to the site, been having a good read and finding it very interesting. I am now comfident;) of makeing a claim (:confused: i think:? ).

I am going to put the wheel in motion and apply for copys of my past statements and take it from there anyway.

• 10 months later...

due to unforseen cercumstances, only recently got around to sorting out my claim

Sent off the first letter to ask for my charges back on the 24th April, totaling £633, got a reply yesterday saying they were looking in to my complaint and it would take up to 4 week :| !!!

Got my next letter ready and waiting to send out on the 8th May!!

all straight forward so far!! :D

been a little busy last few days but just managed to complete my letter telling abbey im about to start court action in 14 days if i dont get the right responce from them, posting 10th may, so i will be filing a small claim on the 24th may if they dont cough up

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so there 14 days are now up and not a word from them, its looking like its time to register my clain with moneyclaim website.

what sort of information do i need to complete this step?

Shuby,

I'm not having a go, but if you're asking questions like that at this stage in your claim, you need to do some more reading...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

CF

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...

After a lot of more reading, and a number of letters telling me that they are investingating my claim i have finaly issued my Claim against the abbey on 18/06/2007!

i can now sit back and wait to see what the next 14 days bring

Hi Shuby

If it's anything like mine, and it will be, they'll either send another letter saying they need 4 weeks etc or ignore it. I sent my LBA a week before you so my N1 and charges are all ready to go in on the25th June. Don't give up, ask lots of questions if you need to and read as much as you can especially the threads of those that have just won.

John :)

Johnd3 ;-)

Northampton is the bulk clearing centre for the online claims.

They now send it out to your local court who will contact you to tell you what the next step is. If you don't hear in the next 14 days, give them a ring to see what's happening.

just checked my bank statment today and i notice that abbey have put 4 refunds into my account:

22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund20.00 22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund20.00 22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund30.00 22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund30.00

do i just deduct this off my claim and how do i go about this as i have already issued the claim with the court.

do i need to know which charges they have refunded!

Have they had the decency to write to tell you they are putting the refunds into your account

no i have had no contact from then at all since i sent my first letter to them to request the charges back, and that was just to tell me that they were investigating my claim and it could take up to 4 week

just checked my bank statment today and i notice that abbey have put 4 refunds into my account:

22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund20.00 22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund20.00 22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund30.00 22 Jun 07Miscellaneous fee refund30.00

do i just deduct this off my claim and how do i go about this as i have already issued the claim with the court.

do i need to know which charges they have refunded!

Hi Shuby

In my case the two refunds were not part of the original claim so I've just ignored them. I just refused the GOGW. Just checked my a/c and lo and behold 4 more misc fee refunds went in yesterday 2x£35, a £30 and a £20. As I have no idea what a misc fee refund is I am going to ignore it. Maybe someone has a better idea. I'm all ears if you have.

John:)

Johnd3 ;-)

on saturday i finaly got a responce from Abbey, regarding my charges.

This letter tells me that a full investigation has been carried out, and there sorry i am unhappy about the charges, and they were correct But as GOGW there happy to refund £135 to include cancellation of charges yet to be taken from my account.

they go on to tell me that there satisfied there charges do nt contravene the unfair terms in consumer contracts regulation 1999.

as i have already had £100 deposited into my account, should i send them a letter accepting this as part settlement, and just carry on the court claim less the £100 paid back?

Hi

Have a look at the rejection letter templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

As far as I am aware, you should inform the Court of the GoGW paid - excluding the cancellation of future charges as they are not included in your claim. But stress that you are NOT accepting this as full and final settlement, and wish to pursue the claim.

Hope I got this right!

Good Luck

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Martin Brown

Thank you for your letter dated 19/06/2007. You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interest and costs on 18/06/2007 and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer as Full and Final settlement and the money transferred to my account should not be viewed as my acceptance, should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the balance of the claim (£936.61) without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position

Yours faithfully,

i shall be sending them the above in responce to there letter. does this look ok, and have i missed anything i need to state?

or shud i respond thankin them for the GOGW but still i am pursueing my claim in full, as they have given me a GOGW and not a settlement

Shuby

You should really put that you are only accepting it as part settlement on the understanding that you will be continuing with your claim for the remainder.

thank you jules added the point you state and sent it, will await for further contact from abbey now.

received Notice that acknowledgment of service has been filed, date 26th June. Abbey now have 28 days to file a defence from the date of service.

Is there any thing now i need to do or is it just a case of wait for contact from the courtss for the next step?