Money Taken... Help needed urgently!

wibble83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have written to Barclaycard and Mercers requesting a copy of my signed credit agreement. To date I have received an application form that certainly does not cover the terms of the CCA 1974. I have made further requests following this but never get a reply... Recently Barclaycard have started taking money directly from my Barclay's Bank account despite being fully aware of the above dispute. I have contacted both Barclaycard and Barclays by phone to get the money they have stolen refunded to me. Barclays refer me to Barclaycard and Barclaycard refer me to Barclays. I have informed both parties complaints sections that they are in breach of the CCA 1974 but they either refuse to answer this and terminate the call or pass me onto another section when I have to explain everything again only to have my call terminated or to be put through to another section and so it goes on...

I have emailed the Financial Ombudsman and Trading Standards yesterday regarding this advising of all dates, times and names of the people I have spoken with and sent letters to etc. However I need to stop them taking money from my account ASAP as like everyone else I have rent and food bills etc that have to be paid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Wibble

This is disgraceful!

Have you told the bank to cancel the direct debit.

Also, from the direct debit guarantee;

If an error is made by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.

Invoke the guarantee.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

This is not theft.

Barclaycard is a trading name of Barclays bank plc, and a right of set off exists between accounts in the same company.

Barclays can therefore take money out of a current account (as long as it is in credit) to settle your barclaycard account (as long as you have breached the agreement).

The motto is... open a new bank acount, and have all money paid into that account.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

There doesnt need to be a direct debit, its the same company and its known as "association of funds" and its usualy in the small print when you sign up for the account, suggest you withdraw all funds from your barclays bank pronto and set up a new account elsewhere, obviously make sure and standing orders or direct debits are transfered over and kept up to date