Dick "Nat West" Turpin

leeby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading this site for most of Jan 08, I today placed my Nat West charges claim via my branch and via Sir Fred Goodwins office. over the past 5 yrs Nat west have charged me 14.5k and almost 30k if you calculate the the normal monthly charges. Usung your calculator this has suprised me and angered me. I will keep you posted. this has also made me find another bank, everything is in place. Nat West can cancel or do whatever they want with my account. at least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Yeah this is a business account, The relationship has been really bad since I stated I was moving to another bank, I got a phone call today to tell me that they had received my letter and it was being forwarded on. I have been banking with NatWest nearly nine years. They are very unforgiving and I feel partly to blame for not moving sooner. I always thought it best the devil you know than the one you don't. I like many others just accepted these pathetic charges as part of the protocols of business banking. I have been bullied into a corner and lost various suppliers over the years due to a poor understanding from Nat west.

One time I need 8k cash in the account, I got to the bank for 14:30 with 8k cash and they still returned items and charges. I also have BLP & BOP to hit out at, Iv been charged these every month and I don't have a loan??? I am going to enjoy seeing this through all the way. A bank will never get one over on me again. thats for sure!:grin:

Obviously like many one here I havle claimed a large amount of unlawful charges (results to follow) from Nat West. However over the last 12 months I have received various documents renewing my business overdraft, I have ignored these and never signed anything nor returned anything to the bank,

although they have charged me and increased my Interest rate, I ask can they do that without my consent? can they charge me 1.5% increase without me signing to consent, It states in the T&Cs that they will give you 30 days notice before changing anything... well I get a new Overdraft offer on the 3rd Feb and they have already changed the facility on the 1st Feb. I have not signed it nor will I be as I am leaving any day now.

But I have never signed a new agreement in 2007 and I have four copies (doubled sign one keep one) I will tell you something, the SH*T hits the fan when you send your bank charges claim in.

They have applied all the overdraft set up fees to my account, one was for £1200 for three months. I have read all the documentation and it does seem they have acted unlawful. but hey what do I know. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I questioned the actions of the bank but since I sent my claim in I have been ignored by voice and email. many thanks:mad:

Today I received a letter with a couple of lines stating they are looking into my charges claim and this investigation will take 6 - 7 WEEKS to resolve, although they will return quicker if they have the opportunity. This came from Edinburgh. The initial 14 days will be up shortly and I will follow your guidelines in issuing the 2nd letter giving them a further 14 days.

If anyone has any helpful addittional information I would appreciate this.

I have had 14.5k in charges to my business account 30k if you count the normal running cost aswell. This is a business account and I have every single statement as expected. BTW This site is fantastic.

The letter took 6 days to get to me, dated the 5th Feb 2008, Today being the 11th. :eek:

Hi leeby.

There is a good thread ..HERE..about business claims.

Hope it helps.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 1 month later...

I made a claim against Natwest for almost 14k, I followed the letter guides on this site, I sent my first letter giving them 14 days, I received a reply asking for 6 weeks to investigate,

I ignored this reply and sent my second 14 day notice letter, I received a very quick reply stating they have asked for 6 weeks and please be patient.

Today I have receieved a letter claiming thay accept no liability or is in no way an admission to the claim, but as a gesture of good will they have offered me £7373.00 as a full and final settlement.

I was suprised to get anything to be honest, but under the circumstances would you accept this and run, although the account will be shut on Monday by my own actions. Or should I see how far I can go?

Your thoughts please.

Regards

Lee:cool:

Hi, Lee.

This is what your looking for........;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Thats a lot of cash, but if they are prepared to offer you that, you can bet you would get the whole hog if you persued it.

I would take it further, accept that as a part payment and go for the rest.

At the end of the day it's your choice, you might get some more opinions on the matter,to help you decide.

Best wishes, what ever way you go.

And congratulations on getting the offer in the first place.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I take it this is the business account?

Have you considered FOS.

Spot on Kenny, did'nt think of that.

If it is Lee have a look at this..........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/130094-maroondevo52-hbos-fos-business.html

Regards.

Scott.

Hi, we got ours in full from the Natwest on a limited company account which is still in use, but our claim was under £2000. They paid up really quickly and they offered us the full amount in less than 14 days. I would agree with the guys that you will probably get the whole lot if you hold out and that they are hedging their bets....

Double or quits:confused:. I don't know what I would do in your situation.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Cheers everybosy for the feedback. My only concern is would I end up with nothing if Nat West decide to withdraw there offer? I don't want to sound a wimp but 7k is 7k, but my gut feeling is they responded very quick, just as I was doing the court papers in fact.

Are you suggesting I sign the document with an eclosed letter stating we are accepting this offer as part payment. I will check out the above links you have supplied, many thanks for all your support and assistance, Its overwhelming. Also just to clarify this is a Limited company account, which is now frozen as I moved to Barclays. The account is with the credit management team, who to be fair have been very good.

How much is owed on the account? Will the 7k pay them back and give you some money? Just wondered. And I am staying on the fence about whether to accept or not, just glad it's a decision I don't have to make:o

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi leeby

It has to be your decision but I can't think of a single case where someone has rejected an offer that was less than their claim and then gone on to lose. The experience of pretty well everyone is that, if you stick to your guns, you will get everything you have asked for.

Keeping everything crossed for you leeby;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Keeping everything crossed for you leeby;)

Everything :p Me too :D

• 3 years later...
Yeah this is a business account, The relationship has been really bad since I stated I was moving to another bank, I got a phone call today to tell me that they had received my letter and it was being forwarded on. I have been banking with NatWest nearly nine years. They are very unforgiving and I feel partly to blame for not moving sooner. I always thought it best the devil you know than the one you don't. I like many others just accepted these pathetic charges as part of the protocols of business banking. I have been bullied into a corner and lost various suppliers over the years due to a poor understanding from Nat west.

One time I need 8k cash in the account, I got to the bank for 14:30 with 8k cash and they still returned items and charges. I also have BLP & BOP to hit out at, Iv been charged these every month and I don't have a loan??? I am going to enjoy seeing this through all the way. A bank will never get one over on me again. thats for sure!:grin:

I've been trying to find out what NatWest BOP means? I see it on statements of a business I do book-keeping for. They have no loans. Also what is Policy Admin? Thanks