Mackenzie Hall Letter

mkinnov8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I feel perhaps I should state again, that I am not running away from the debt. I would like it confirmed what and who it is from, and then if it is mine, I have no problem in dealing with it.

However, I have not delt with this kind of communications from anyone before, and while I am happy to go with the respected majority of opinions from the kind and helpful community here, I am just looking for a little bit more... mind settling advice.

Thanks to all who have posted so far.

HAve you checked with the CRAs, I did recently and if a debt is not showing on my records from all three then they don't get a penny. I know I cleared a lot of debt up about 18 months ago, directly with the creditors, and if anyone is chasing now it is a) already paid or b) not mine.

I know checking can cause knock on problems but if somebody is fool enough to keep chasing you for something they can't substantiate let it go to court and then they will be the sorry ones. They will probably have a 'duty solicitor' on the day who will only have got your case the night before and these are quite easily dealt with.

hi,

Im pretty new to this site too, so I will not be able to give you anymore advise than has already been said. I did want to say, that like you, I was terrified each time these letters dropped though the door, I truely believed these people could come into my home and take everything away and it caused me many sleepless nights, a feeling Im sure alot of us have gone though. My advise is to listen to these guys on here, they are worth their weight in gold, they will hold your hand though this, I found the more I talked, the problem unravelled and I was less stressed about it, in fact, Im in a fighting mode!

I wanted to pick up on something else you said, I dont think their are many of us here that got into debt on purpose, its normally due to job lost or illness etc. I'm sure each and everyone of us, if we felt we owed it legally and actually had the funds to pay it off, would. However their are laws to pretect us, as well, in these situations, and we need to use those.

Hope that helps on the mind settling bit!

And for what its worth, Id do nothing, but dont forget to keep everything they send together, including the evelopes, you know how serious this is to them??? bet not one of those letters were 1st class!

all the best

nelix

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kind People :)

Got another letter today from "them", it is exactly the same as the first letter they sent, infact the old difference is the date..

I guess this is the cycle?

Cheers

And the advice is still to ignore Mackenzie Hall until they come up with something more substantive than a fishing letter like this. If they do it is unlikely to be backed up by paperwork so they will find themselves becoming the subject of yet another complaint.

But until they do come up with anything sit tight and don't woryy.