strange legal doc I have been asked to sign

Ms-Pacman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

paid via bank transfer

I dont know whether this can be done or not, but have you tried contacting your bank, tell them the circumstances and see if they will reverse the charge, and as the details that you have been given are false and you havnt received the goods, looks like this is a case of fraud or deception, take it all along to your local police station and report it, take the other persons email and bank details also.

Dont tell the seller what you have done just yet. but in about a fortnight, if you havnt received your money back, then tell them that this is what you are going to do if they dont repay you.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

oo another thing, see if he has any other sold good on ebay, then you can contact the previous buyers and see if they have had the same problems

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Although the details supplied by the OP are somewhat scant I think the fact that the seller has given a false address is some indication that the OP has been duped & the 'document' they have demanded be signed is nothing more than an attempt to delay even longer. Therefore I strongly advise that the OP report this to the police without further delay

There will need to be some evidence of criminal activity - it may be difficult to convince them as transactions such as these are civil in matter. There will therefore need to be something to convinve the police that there is cause for them to get involved. Just on this, how does the seller expect you to get the form back to them if they have supplied a false details? In the absence of such, I would look at Lula's suggestion of reversing the bank transfer if thats possible (don't understand those things sorry).

I have to say that the fact of false address and phone number and the non production of the goods bought (what were they by the way?) leads one to suspect that this is a case of fraud, I would also like you to pm me his username so that i can take a look please.

Carry on straight to th police, and report the matter as theft, things like this keep cropping up on ebay and they seem very unwilling to do anything about it, have you tried requesting the users details from ebay, there was a facility tto do this

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula I agree - the OP should contact the police particularly as the address appears phony. As for ebay your correct they don't seem to bother most of the time but if the OP paid via Bank Transfer (which they advise you not to) then it's outside their control - the best course is to try & get the bank involved

JonChris, if you have had dealings with a seller on ebay you can request their details and they supply you will the details that they registered with, it is worth a go to see if she can gather any more evidence ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

I'm new here so please excuse me if I'm speaking out of turn but from the above I observe the following:

1) The item was sold on fleabay, whether it was paid through Paypal, Personal cheque or Bank Transfer fleabay are obliged to act on an 'undelivered' item or in the reverse case an 'unpaid' item!

Although as he's no longer registered with them it doesn't carry any weight unfortunately. The point I'm making is that they are the selling agents and they have some responsibility! even if it's just supplying his details that he registered!

2) The seller has supplied a false address and phone number and is conducting himself over the internet via his e-mail address. The fact that he/she has given false information to the buyer who has transfered the money in good faith, is in itself not fraud but deception. It IS a matter for Plod, it is also up to them, after the complaint has been made by the OP to acertain as to wheather the 'Seller' intended to permanently deprive the 'buyer' of both his goods or the proceeds to pay for them.

So a very big YES to involving the Police!!!!!!!

3) I believe, although a very good piece of advice from another poster, it is something that has to be conducted within a certain timescale for a paying bank to re-call a transaction it's already made. 5 days rings a bell with me but I will stand corrected.

4) there are that many 'ins and outs' to that form I wouldn't put my dogs name on it!!!!!!!!! DON'T SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all this seems like a nasty case of 'Rip-off' or '[problem]' and I hope that the OP can gain satisfaction.

Chris :)

Ebay will not do a thing from my experience.

Also, the police will be unlikely to become involved unless there is some evidence of a more widespread complaint of this seller or depending on value. (Ever notice that any seller from ebay prosecuted by the law has swindled £££'s and not just a few hundred quid?)

I had a seller bang to rights and the police said they would look into it, as they have to, but to bear in mind that '(I) You would not believe the amount of complaints we have about ebay...'

They got back in touch and advised to go down the civil route although it appeared to be an obvious fraud.

The seller just vanished and ebay couldn't have given a rat's ****.

Good luck.

I'm not sure if you can still see the ebay userid and the past purchases, but it might be worth contacting any feedback users (that look legit) and seeing if they had any problems, or have any more contact info.

If I received an email requesting info about a thirdparty I'd want to know the item id of your purchase, to check you're not doing some sort of fraud yourself, but given that I think I'd offer up what I could...