Got my 2nd letter from lowells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone@ CAG:-D

I recently posted on one of the many other lowell threads the other day that I had received a letter about lowells asking me to confirm address details from ages ago, like over 12 years now...lol

This second letter confirms its a barclaycard debt totaling £887.76.

Sorry Ive no scanner atm, so cant copy it to here.

Basically they say that they are stating that they have bought this old debt and want me to call them and pay......NO WAY I SAY!!

All I want to know, should i send them the cca request or send the statute barred letter 1st?

Thankyou in adavance for your help:cool:

cm

The onus is on Lowells to prove a debt is NOT statute barred not on you to prove it is.

I claimed a debt was Statute BArred and lo and behold they came up with a date which meant it wasnt. Sad thing for Lowells is that I have ABSOLUTE proof that I could not have paid it on the date they quoted. Still they wont take me to Couirt so as I can make fools of them

• 1 month later...

Just as an update on my lowell position.

I received a 3rd and 4th letters

LowellRed3edit.jpg

LowellRed4edit.jpg

The Statute Barred letter was sent and received in between the 3rd and 4th letters arriving and since then, nothing!

Im just wondering should i chase up the written confirmation that I requested in my SB letter, as now 1 calendar month has passed, or should I just leave em to it?

as in the letter

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

I look forward to your reply.

cm

Andrew will soon realise the error of his ways and realise that not only is his argument unsustainable but he is now in clear breach of OFT guidelines and must be reported to TS and the OFT. A complaint to Lowells themselves is also in order and then when they fob you off with a useless response you can report them to the FOS.

I would guess 99.9% of anything from the Lowell Group can be put through your shredder without fear of reprisal. Lowell threats are about as dangerous and exciting as going for a pee in the dark.

Whether you even bother to open them and read them will probably depend on if your subscription to 'Viz' has expired, and you need a bit of a laugh.

Go get 'em.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I keep all my letters from the delightful Lowell group. Its wonderful to see how many times they contradict themselves, how many Final Notices they send, how many threats of their laughingly entitled 'Licensed Field Agents' calling at my door. I have lost track of the number of times they are going to make me bankrupt. Certainly makes great reading and helps build up a great case as to why they are unfit to hold a Licence.

........Certainly makes great reading and helps build up a great case as to why they are unfit to hold a Licence.

Ah yes, that's a good point. Something which should be considered.

Lowell haven't bothered me for a very long time now, but I think I went for the jugular at a fairly early stage, complaining to CAB/TS/OFT, St John's Ambulance, Arsenal Football Supporters Club, and anyone else who would listen.

If I'd known then what I know now, I would have given them a bit more rope before sticking the boot in. I might have got an even better result and done them a bit of damage on the way....

I let them off the hook.....but at the time I didn't even know I had them :(

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)