Wife issued with a PCN while collecting children and loading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Finally received a letter from the council and this is what it exactly says “In order that this matter may be given further consideration, I would kindly ask that you forward written confirmation from the school confirming your wife was collecting musical instruments from the school on the above date” (which was 4/12/07).

They request this within 7 days of receipt of their letter but strangely they can’t remember that it’s a half term this week.

Letter does not contain an acknowledgement about “The PCN is invalid under RTA 1991 S66 3b”

Your comments will be appreciated once again

Thanks

Finally received a letter from the council and this is what it exactly says “In order that this matter may be given further consideration, I would kindly ask that you forward written confirmation from the school confirming your wife was collecting musical instruments from the school on the above date” (which was 4/12/07).

They request this within 7 days of receipt of their letter but strangely they can’t remember that it’s a half term this week.

Letter does not contain an acknowledgement about “The PCN is invalid under RTA 1991 S66 3b”

Your comments will be appreciated once again

Thanks

I think that you are on your way with this one. At least they haven't rejected it out of hand as a lot of councils do.

I'd write back to them and inform them that a 7 day response is impossible because of half-term. Suggest a 7 day response from the date school re-commences.

On the other hand the lack of acknowledgement of failings under S66 3b maybe a cause for concern. I'd be interested in other peoples view on this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that you are on your way with this one. At least they haven't rejected it out of hand as a lot of councils do.

I'd write back to them and inform them that a 7 day response is impossible because of half-term. Suggest a 7 day response from the date school re-commences.

On the other hand the lack of acknowledgement of failings under S66 3b maybe a cause for concern. I'd be interested in other peoples view on this one.

They have neither accepted nor rejected it, they have just asked for sdditional information. Not an issue at present.

I would urge contacting the school even if it is half term. There are often people about. Not to contact the school would be asking for trouble IMHO.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I will try to get a letter from the school but there are couple of issues here.

1. Although they acknowledge it but my representation has not been treated as a substantial evidence.

2. No acknowledgement of S66 3B.

I don't personally believe that this was an appropriate response to what I mentioned in my representations.

I will try to get a letter from the school but there are couple of issues here.

1. Although they acknowledge it but my representation has not been treated as a substantial evidence.

2. No acknowledgement of S66 3B.

I don't personally believe that this was an appropriate response to what I mentioned in my representations.

Don't send the letter in then and take it to adjudication.

That's easy.

If the OP can get a letter from the school, the Council can gracefully cancel this single PCN on the grounds of loading and that will be the end of it..

If they acknowledge that the PCN is not compliant, then they are opening up a whole can of worms as potentially every ticket issued by them is non-compliant and therefore void.

• 2 months later...

Great stuff. A good result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------