Lowell Portfolio I

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i will when they send me the next letter telling what the apparent debt is for, i still need to send the s/b letter re the 2 barclaycard (non)debts will get onto that today. While i am writing to complain about thames sending me payments requests despite telling them its a s/b debt they are chasing

:madgrin:

Also can i do anything about them placing a seach on my credit file without permission

Entry Number:P1

Name and address:

Searched on:12/11/2007

Searched by:LOWELL FINANCIAL LTD

Application type:Unrecorded Enquiry

snap, got same letter here too, funny enough mines also barclaycard

Alhough this is starting to get out of hand now, got another "you lived at this address" letter yesterday no idea what this ones for although if things keep as they are i will find out on monday ish worrying thing is the address they have given i lived at about 3 years ago (i think although this could well be longer, i have no way of knowing at the mo)so looks like it may not be a S/B one this time:(

OK have got the second letter for this one, apparently i owe 1st credit £382.50 I have never heard of 1st credit, although a quick google shows them as debt buyers, so who knows what the debt is for, change of tact on this one though they have sent a differently worder letter, this time from lowell financial saying they are acting on behalf of their clients lowell portfolio, how can they be clients when they are the same company:-| up to now all the follow up letters for the other 2 amounts have been from lowell portfolio.

Dear Me

We have been instructed by our client Lowell PortfolioI Ltd to write to you in connection with your outstanding balance as described above. Our objective is to help both you and our client (THAT'LL BE YOU THEN) find a solution to this problem (NOT A PROBLEM TO ME, YOU CAN STICK YOUR DEMAND SOMWHERE PAINFUL). We urgently request that you contact us today before our client (YOU) instructs us to take further action to recover the balance.

You can prevent further action happening by taking the following steps.

1. By sending us payment in full

2. By contacting us to agree a method of payment over an agreed term.

h

On contacting us you will also be given the opportunity to discuss how we can work together to find a solution to clear your outstanding balance. However, until you contact us we will be unable to offer you our assistance in outting an end to this matter without the possible need for legal enforcement. Ignoring this probem will only make your situation worse(OH IS THAT SO), therefore we strongly recommend you contact us now on 0845 300 9416

Yours

Andrew Bartle

Dear Lowell

Perhaps your understanding of S5 of The Limitations Act 1980 is somewhat different to everyone elses. Please explain what further action you or you acting as agents for yourselves as a client may take.

I am not aware of any action you can take legal or otherwise.

I should point out that as I have already informed you that this debt is Statute Barred and you continue to infer you have some legal action you can take you are in fact the ones who may be facing legal action from me (and dozens of my friends on CAG)

yours etc

This Andrew Barlte fella gets about a bit.

He works for three different companies

Red

Lowell and now

1st Credit.

This is one of the biggest scams in history and needs sorting now.

OK have got the second letter for this one, apparently i owe 1st credit £382.50 I have never heard of 1st credit, although a quick google shows them as debt buyers, so who knows what the debt is for, change of tact on this one though they have sent a differently worder letter, this time from lowell financial saying they are acting on behalf of their clients lowell portfolio, how can they be clients when they are the same company:-| up to now all the follow up letters for the other 2 amounts have been from lowell portfolio.

Dear Me

We have been instructed by our client Lowell PortfolioI Ltd to write to you in connection with your outstanding balance as described above. Our objective is to help both you and our client (THAT'LL BE YOU THEN) find a solution to this problem (NOT A PROBLEM TO ME, YOU CAN STICK YOUR DEMAND SOMWHERE PAINFUL). We urgently request that you contact us today before our client (YOU) instructs us to take further action to recover the balance.

You can prevent further action happening by taking the following steps.

1. By sending us payment in full

2. By contacting us to agree a method of payment over an agreed term.

h

On contacting us you will also be given the opportunity to discuss how we can work together to find a solution to clear your outstanding balance. However, until you contact us we will be unable to offer you our assistance in outting an end to this matter without the possible need for legal enforcement. Ignoring this probem will only make your situation worse(OH IS THAT SO), therefore we strongly recommend you contact us now on 0845 300 9416

Yours

Andrew Bartle

This Andrew Barlte fella gets about a bit.

He works for three different companies

Red

Lowell and now

1st Credit.

This is one of the biggest scams in history and needs sorting now.

Not sure he works for 1st credit, and they are not a leeds based company i am assuming that 1st credit and the leeds mob are not linked.

Lowells go as:

Lowell Portfolio I

Lowell Financial

Reds

Hamptons Legal

• 2 weeks later...

Well I beat lowell, I wrote to them quoting limitations act sent a seperate letter for each account they are trying to claim for, got 2 letters today each about a barclaycard , still no word on the 1st credit one

Mr me

Our ref -

Original Creditor - Barclaycard

Balance outstanding - £0.00

I am writing to inform you that after further investigation of your account it has become apparent that it is now subject to Section (5) of the Limitations Act 1980 and as such we have now closed the account and can confirm no further correspondance will be sent to you.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this matter.

Andrew bartle

Mr TWS while I admire your campaign against our friends in Leeds I think I should clear up a misconception.

Just because a debt is Statute Barred does not mean it does not exist any more. The debt still exists but it is not legally enforcable. Lowell are entitled to ask for payment of it if they have legally purchased it. They are not allowed however to make out that they have any legal powers to enforce collection or that the non payment of the debt to them will in any way be reflected on your credit reference files. If someone pays Lowells any money against this Statute Barred debts the courts will assume that such payments have been made of their own free will and that Lowells are legally entitled to keep the money. Lowells are very careful in the wording of their letters and certainly stretch the legal boundaries to their limits but they must cease collection activity when informed that the debt is Statute Barred and the alleged debtor has no intention of paying.

• 4 months later...