Moorcroft letters!

Ingrid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ingrid the simplest and easiest thing to do is 'pretend' to be your daughter when talking to these fools. You know all your daughters personal details so will have no trouble answering their 'security questions'.

I can sympathise with you re contacting BT. I have phoned, emailed and phoned again over a query on my bill. My callls have been to the Indian Sub-Continent and back several times and Im still no further on. I have also reported then to OTELO

Thanks ODC, that was going to be my next step, masquerading as a my younger self!!! My daughter gave up speaking to them on the phone as, with respect, she couldn't understand what the other person was saying. I then told her to email or write. Emails seem to have a similar level of clarity!!

I think I shall sit down with a large cup of coffee and diarise all correspondence - it's going to take some time!!

In the meantime what is midas likely to do? The conversation with Craig the other day didn't get very far!

The conversation with 'Craig' didnt go very far because

1. You were not offering him any money

2. The questions you asked were not on his script.

Send a letter to MIDAS by recorded delivery leaving them in no doubt that the alleged debt is in dispute with BT and that you will only be dealing with BT in an effort to have it resolved.

Midas wont like seeing their commission disappearing but hey life's tough isnt it.

So how much longer do we give BT then - the first request for a report was back in October via email, with a couple of others since, plus a hard copy letter was sent on 3rd January and a follow up letter, enclosing the letter of 3rd January was sent Recorded Delivery on 23rd January.

Now, as you can see, we are quite a patient pair, but to have been deliberately ignored, with no acknowledgement letters ever received, is just plain rude. To continue sending threatening letters knowing that our request hasn't been done is negligent and harrassing!

Having been in a situation myself with TalkTalk and BCW, I know that their disputes are held for three weeks before they chase again (BCW told me so! though again nothing was forthcoming from TalkTalk!) Different issue, but the outcome was well in my favour!! I'll post about that little saga another time!

So, how long do I give B..... T......?

BT ask you to give them 12 weeks but I think you should go straight to OTELO with them. As for Dalk Dalk dont get me started about them and their so called service agents. That was why I returned to BT

So, having forgotten to phone these morons up masquerading as my daughter, 5 days after my call to "Craig" my daughter is sent a letter from their Home Collections Division. She brought the letter round to me today.

These no-brainers really don't understand when they are told that my daughter wants to see an engineers report to see what she is actually being charged for! She's invoiced for a Payment Charge so she's just expected to pay without question!?!

What should I tell her to do now - she lives on her own, albeit with her alsatian and husky and a few cats, but I don't want her to fell intimidated into anything!

Ok i dont know if this will help but if you send an email to the cheif executive of BT you should get results i had a 800 pound disputed debt i arranged a payment plan for what i believed was lawfully my charges(I.E call and internet costs) and the rest was written off the email is[email protected] I recieved instant acknowledgement of my email and the problem was sorted within 48 hours, i think it would definately be worth a shot even tough the debt has been passed on you have a genuine complaint and you should be able to get some clarification from ben i have never had a problem with the way any of my complaints/requests have been delt witeh when sent directly to him obviously should they wish to contact your daughter by telephone just to clarify what is going on ( they didnt ask me any security questions and the like so you could probibly deal with them also) include a contact telephone number in the email, trust me when i say this will only be used by ben or the complaints manager i have not recieved any further calls or letters since speaking the gentleman in question

I also have the direct line telephone number for their(BT) head of complaints and his email address.please,feel free to PM me if you would like these details also

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have been putting together a diary of communications and haven't got round to emailing Mr Verwaayen as yet, but my daughter received another letter from Moorcroft as follows

I write in response to your recent dispute in relation to the above account and can confirm we have been in contact with British Telecommunications plc who advised us that there are no notes of your actual dispute. Therefore, please provide us with full written details of your dispute to enable us to assist you further.

I can also confirm I have placed your account on hold until 17th April 2008 and request you make immediate contact with our call centre on the above telephone number to discuss a repayment proposal you can afford and maintain.

If you are unhappy with the information provided please contact us by return (or in any event prior to the above date)

So BT has no notes, despite my daughter sending two Recorded Delivery letters (I know cos I took them to the Post Office for her) on 3rd and 23rd January! There are numerous emails (15 I have just counted) between both parties, plus a number of phone calls! And THERE ARE NO NOTES!!!!!:evil: That will explain why she's had no response from BT in writing!!:confused:

Customer Service Manager must have his office within the Bermuda Triangle!!

Dear Moorcrap

I have told you repeatedly this account is in dispute with BT. As such the matter should not have been passed to yourselves.

I have no intention of negotiating with you regarding this matter which I do not regard as any concern of yourselves. Therefore for the avoidance of any doubt please note that I WILL NOT be contacting your call centre to disscuss any payments.

I understand that any legal action would have to be instituted by the original creditor and not yourselves. Please note that any litigation will be strenuously contested and will result in a counter claim.

Well, I have been putting together a diary of communications and haven't got round to emailing Mr Verwaayen as yet, but my daughter received another letter from Moorcroft as follows

So BT has no notes, despite my daughter sending two Recorded Delivery letters (I know cos I took them to the Post Office for her) on 3rd and 23rd January! There are numerous emails (15 I have just counted) between both parties, plus a number of phone calls! And THERE ARE NO NOTES!!!!!:evil: That will explain why she's had no response from BT in writing!!:confused:

Customer Service Manager must have his office within the Bermuda Triangle!!

That'll be moorcroft spinning you a line, i dealt with ben just last friday and had a bill written off so its best to contact him as i said i can give you a direct line telephone number if you like im sure this will help ::-)

Violent Indie, thanks everso much for your help. Think I'll suggest the email route to my daughter, as with my recent experience with TalkTalk, and indeed, Recorded Letters to BT in this case, the direct, written course would be best I think.

I have now diarised all recorded communications (I did ask my daughter tonight if she could remember dates of her initial calls but she couldn't as she wasn't expecting it to drag on this long) To date, from the original Bill back in May 2007, counting communications between her, BT and Moorcroft there have been 49 recorded communications! Goodness knows what the actual monetary cost is, and you can't put a price on the stress and frustration involved!

And still no Engineers Report!!!

Ingrid, head you next letter in a larger font and bold:

Will you please have the courtesy to reply.

The 'please' is optional.

What was the engineer called for ? If it was after their socket on the wall then there is a charge, if it was anywhere before the socket then it their problem and there is no charge.

Hi Conniff

That's what we want the engineers report for - we don't know what his conclusion was!

Plus - the Payment Charge was for £103.50 + VAT, according to the BT website a Callout Charge is £99.50 + VAT.

Oh, and could someone clarify the difference between OfCom and Otelo - cos I is thick, innit! :-)

I just had a chat with my son who is a BT engineer and he has told me that it is BTs at the point where it comes into the house. If it comes through the wall and is connected into a junction box and then wire runs through the house into the socket, the point from the junction box to the socket is your daughters, so it will be the callout charge plus any materials.

If it comes into the house and goes into the socket, then it is almost the same. Up to and including the socket is BTs so no charge, anything plugged into the socket and after is your daughters so will incure the callout charge plus any materials used.

Ask you daughter what they did and where, and if it was your daughters responsibility then you would be wise to make a payment of 'just the charge' direct to BT and forget Moorcroft.

Does that make sense?