Virgin Media-Moorcroft Debt-TSC Credit

mogul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am embarrassed to post here but !!!!

My sum is £36 that I am being chased for and so if you are still interested here goes.

February 2007 and old Greedy "b*lloxs" Dickie and his Virgin empire take over the NTL cable company. The rental on the TV cable would now cost me an extra £5/month but with NTL (because of some excesses thro my D/D) I had a 2 year window to pay by Cheque without charge.

My new NTL Broadband account of £13:99 was increased by Virgin Media to a new charge of £18 so I phoned them to Cancel the trial period contract and also that the former contract had been broken. This was done also with 2 letters (1 a copy) to 2 different addresses to give the 1 month "Notice of Cancellation" and 30 days later 2 for the cancellation.

I had a phone call regarding the £5 that I had not sent (cable) and that I never would so we could not agree, and then we agreed that (at the end of my paid up period) Virgin would come pick up their property. They never have !!!

The Broadband could also be taken away as that had been cut off anyway and then I only corresponded with Virgin at Wythenshaw by post.

I had 3 promotion phone calls pleading with me to stay with Virgin and they were told "too late" even though they offered to loose the £5 charge.

The next I get from Moorcroft Debt is a demand for £36 as an uncleared Virgin account.

My reply letter informed them that I do not owe this amount and Virgin has never invoiced me for anything, so what sort of [problem] are they trying to pull.

Other threatening letters were ignored until their solicitor also sent another Litigation Warning and my reply was I have no intention of paying any money to them and that I would counter sue for my time and postage.

A couple more letters and then I received 18 Sept a sad pleading letter to pay instalments of £10 (they should have said 4/£9) via the attached Giro, or proceedings will begin.

My letter to them dated 27 June 07

My letter to solicitor dated 27 July 07

Since their letter 18 September....."Nothing" until 20 December then I received a FINAL NOTICE from a TSC credit management of Mexboro/Rotherham for £36.

My reply has gone with a "who the hell are you" and are you another [problem]/CON artist like those idiots Moorcroft debt recovery and their threats of Intended Litigation.

That I owe nothing and will pay nothing and will not send any further correspondence as it has all been done with Moorcroft, included here a copy of letter sent to the Solicitor.

My wife nags me to pay it and have done with it but on a point of principal I will fight this.

My worry is enough to lead me to this excellent site and boy have I learnt about real financial problems so good luck to you all.

And a Merry Christmas and hopefully a Prosperous New Year to you all.;-) ;-)

Hi mogul,

Yep, your right, £36 does seem a pretty sad figure to argue over, but I understand the arguement your trying to put across. I have had my own liitle battle with Morecrap and now have another bunch of morons do deal, so the fight goes on.

I don`t really know what you should be doing with this, but hopefully someone will be along soon to help you out.

You could `BUMP` your thread every so often if there in no responses. This will put your thread back on top of the list and in peoples view.

I hope you get help soon.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

It seems like you have done pretty much everything you could have. I would just add that you should keep copies of all letters you send and all letters you receive on the matter. Also, ask for the official complaints procedure for Virgin and register an official complaint.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Thanks

I thought that they had given up on that pathetic sum involved and my theory that their "costing" of sending letters (5 + 1 solicitor) had made this uneconomic for them. As stated, I made my intentions clear with only one reply to each source.

The letter last week surprised me after 3 months that a different Agency has decided to have a go at collecting this paltry sum.

Again one letter to explain my position ( + copy of the July solicitor) and to inform them that I will not correspond again.

I got it off my "chest" !! and to know there is someone out there is FANTASTIC

I like the thought of an official complaint.....but from where and who to ???

The paper work is filed and dated, Thanks Again

Hi Mogul,

As previously stated you are doing all you possibly can for the moment, I would also keep a close eye on your credit report, DCA's sometimes get a bit Gun Ho and may try and register defaults against you, sometimes without even notifiying you! This is a big No no and can be rigorously defended with the option of a counterclaim for damages and defamation if you really want to get down and dirty!

I really can't see any DCA escalating this through the courts however should you receive any kind of claim in the post post up details here and we can advise further, first point of call would be a request under CPR rules for all information they hope to rely on which in itself will most likely be enought o dissuade them from continuing.

shout if you need any more advice

kind regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got into arrears last year with virgin , i was not very happy with the service i recieved from them anyway , they cut off my services and asked me to pay my arrears of £220 at £25 a week , i explained that i could not afford to pay that much so they told me they were going to get a collection agency to sort it out ..... I got a letter from a company called Moorcroft and i pay them £20 a month (it took a while to sort out but at least its getting paid ) yesterday i got a bill from virgin for £450 pounds for line rental which i havent been using as it was disconnected last year ....... I'm paying Moorcroft and now i'm getting hassle from virgin again !

I got into arrears last year with virgin , i was not very happy with the service i recieved from them anyway , they cut off my services and asked me to pay my arrears of £220 at £25 a week , i explained that i could not afford to pay that much so they told me they were going to get a collection agency to sort it out ..... I got a letter from a company called Moorcroft and i pay them £20 a month (it took a while to sort out but at least its getting paid ) yesterday i got a bill from virgin for £450 pounds for line rental which i havent been using as it was disconnected last year ....... I'm paying Moorcroft and now i'm getting hassle from virgin again !

Thanks for your email - very much appreciated. We've published it on our website.

Regards Bob and Steve - NotVirginMedia