• Tweets

• Page 33 general conditions  "Your duties You must contact us as soon as reasonably possible and provide all the information,  documents, evidence and help we need to settle your claim or pursue a recovery." Some policy wordings are more specific than others. But even in this policy example, this Insurer may decide not to offer renewal, if they are not informed of a potential claim, if they find out from third party first. It is your risk to take. Do nothing and you may never hear anything further or the third party armed with your registration number makes a claim and your Insurers are contacted. Then your Insurers see you as someone who is careless.  
    • Good evening, The court date for this is 3rd June and I've decided I will defend in court. Following some very interesting happenings in my other claim at court the other day (thread will be updated after this one) I am certain I want to defend this not because I'm confident of it's success, but rather I want to experience the day and press on my belief (I know it's only a belief) that a copy of DN and NOA's themselves, is not proof of serving, which MUST have taken place. Much better evidence of serving, would just be proof of postage or signature of recipient with the correct date, even without the letter copies themselves. Their evidence in exhibits is not strict proof. Law of Property Act 196(4) "Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served shall also be sufficiently served, if it is sent by post in a registered letter........." Isn't a 'registered letter' proof of postage/receipt (signature)? It might not have mileage, but its my first claim and I will be levelled up for experiencing it and trying. Meaning I can make more informed decisions on the numerous others pending within months. including claim #2 Thank you for helping me get this far, I've learned so much already and already making better decisions on accounts I don't have a thread for. I welcome discussion, thanks  
    • thats a good point. I've attached the policy but can't see anything about reporting accidents being mandatory. Unless I'm missing something?  this is only the policy document. But I can't see it being in any of the others (list below)?  Schedule & IPBY Shows the details you gave us when you bought your policy. Includes main and additional driver details, add-ons and excesses. Insurance Certificate Proof of your vehicle insurance. It shows who's covered, your vehicle use, and any cover exclusions. Insurance Policy Explains the terms and conditions of your cover. Credit agreement Outlines the terms, payments, and interest of your credit agreement. Important Information Document Outlines fees and charges, how your data is used, and how to ask for documents in different formats. Insurance Product Information Document Details of your cover and exclusions. Direct debit information Details of your Direct Debit, such as your collection, bank details, payment amount and your Direct Debit Guarantee Pre contract credit information Outlines the key features, costs, and legal details of your credit agreement. Adequate Explanations Details of your credit agreement. About our insurance services to you Details about our vehicle insurance, service standards, and regulatory status (and the status of any intermediaries)   insurancepolicy.PDF
    • I've never thought they were reliable enough and stories like this just confirm what I thought. Tesla owner says car in ‘full self-driving mode’ failed to detect a moving train WWW.AOL.CO.UK The close-shave in Camden, Ohio, was captured from multiple angles by the car’s cameras  
    • Hi,  I had a look through the credit agreement again, despite the signature looking legit I've noticed the below and wondered if they'd work as part of my defence, a)    The document headed ‘Your Personal Details’ has an office stamp which is unreadable. b)    On the above mentioned document under section ‘What to do next’ it states turn to agreement form on page 3 however 2 pages are provided. c)    The above mentioned document is unsigned & dated on behalf of Halifax PLC. d)    Two sets of documents headed ‘Credit Card Agreement Regulated By The Consumer Credit Act 1974’ was received containing dissimilar information. Under Parties to this agreement, both papers contain different name / address of the banking institute as well as Defendants address. This document is not on letter headed paper, the layouts are different, paragraph numbers differ as does the document content. Thanks again for any help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

if you cant trust your landlord what can you do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

apologies in advance if this is long and/or a little mixed up.

we have been in this house for almost 4 years, we have had nothing but trouble, reported it within 6 months of living here and having the trouble which has been allsorts from finding needles/syringes in the gardens where my children play to name calling etc.

when i reported it to the council they sent someone to see me who spoke about it with me, took the needles and syringes and went straight next door to "tell them to behave" i guess. What did this lead to? more abuse and more crap.

Which is what we have had for the rest of the time we have been here, but i really am at the end of my tether now, i havent dared to complain to the council as they dont seem to want to help, i dont know where to go what to do now.

its things like last night my eldest daughter couldnt sleep because the 2 lads (aged 24 and 22) were what sounded like having a party in the bedroom next door to my girls room, shouting balling screaming music playing etc etc, she was kept awake until 11.30pm.

at around 6.30ish tonight i shouted my sons name as to tell him off kind of thing, they then proceeded to knock on the wall as though i was annoying them, and tkaing the pee as in shouting my sons name in a "taking the mickey" way if you know what i mean?

they wont move us they just go round there, we have in the last few months been told about what happened to the people who used to live here, they lived here for 10yrs and in the last 5 were out through hell, similar to us, only in the last 12 months they were breaking in everytime the old people were out, not taking anything just breaking as though to prove a point, the old lady was on anti depressants and eventually had to get the doc involved and got him to write a note which helped there case loads as they moved them.

i have been on and off anti depressants since i was 15, but have been on them most of the last 4 years constantly, and am thinking of doing the same as the old lady did, what i cant understand is if one set of neighbours begged to be moved and then we complain why not move us and or them? save anyone else having the same probs.

i have put on an extra 4stone in the last 4 yrs since this has been going on, i feel ill all the time, i dread the thought of my kids going the same way as theirs but i dont know what to do anymore, im scared ill and at my witts end.

please advise what can be done or anything will be helpful just now.

"Innocent eyes see Fairies at the bottom of the garden"

~ Idunna Elemiah

you need to keep complaining to your council and tell them you are scared of what will happen if they just keep going round to tell them off. it may also be worth mentioning you know about the previous tennents and what happened to them. when you speak to council ask to have someone assisgned to your case, some one who you can refer to when ringing this will help with continuity with your complaints. insist that you want a move or for serious action to be taken against your neighbours and start ringing the council with EVERY LITTLE THING they do. i have found that most counsils have policy in place where they dont help you untill you nstart to annoy them and badger them. you have a right to enjoy your home and should not have to put up with this garbage, good luck and keep me posted

:( I'm sorry to read about your housing issues...from what you said I take it your a council tenant. I know how bad things can get (past experience). I agree with what binkus said you need to keep complaining to the council, ring everyday and I mean everyday,write letters. When you start becoming a headache for them thats when they seem to start doing something about it. You need to keep a diary of all the events and also try if you can to film such events as evidence.You can try to get your local MP involved, I havn't personally done this but other people have and it has worked for them. You said you are on anti-depressants contact your doctor and ask him to write a letter on your behalf outlining how this is effecting your health. Also have you tried a house exchange or transfer? you never know you might get lucky !!!!!

and remember if all else fails don't let the bast**ds grind you down....:-)

doubt an exchange would be possible everyone knows what an awful place this estate is, every one knows it for what it is and avoids it best they can, we didnt even get to choose we were made homeless from a private rented home as landlord sold up and put into temp accomodation(a gorgeous flat with lovelyy neighbours) they said you have to take 1st offer otherwise its your fault your homeless and we cant help you.

~ Idunna Elemiah

well I did say you might be lucky !!!......as I said you need to keep contacting the council, enviromental health (noise), the citizens advice and police. It's all you can do really and you need to be relentless...my friend lived in a small 2 bed house with her partner and 4 kids. They rang the council and was told weekly that they were 40th on the list and then the next if could go up and down. Eventually they had enough and rang everyday, they became such a pain that after 5 weeks they were rehoused to a 3 bed. If you have a genuine problem then don't feel bad about hassling them that's what they are there for, it's their job.

i was in exactly same position as you, got made homeless then council put me in a problem house on the worse estate in the area. i was broken into , has stuff in my garden set on fire and brick thrown over the fence when my kids were playing , graffiti on my front door it was awful and the council said nthey wouldnt move me. but i went into the office every day with a sheet of paper with everything that had happened the day before on it and look around for empty houses and made a list of these for them and took it in. after 4 weeks of seeing me every day and constantly ringing they offered me this 4 bed house next door to my brother!

• 3 weeks later...

ahhh thanks for that, am going to buy a notebook on friday and start using it as a diary, i have lots of scraps of paper with all other things written on them that has happened since this :)

~ Idunna Elemiah