Interesting story......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• The domestic saving ratio, which measures how much of their incomes people are setting aside for the future, excluding pension contributions, remained deep in negative territory. At minus 1pc, it means families are borrowing in order to fund their everyday lifestyles - a highly unusual situation replicated in the late 1980s, before the last property crash.

• The amount families and businesses are having to set aside for mortgage and debt payments hit the highest level since the early 1990s, in the latest sign that the record mountain of UK lending is causing serious pain. The household debt service burden rose to 13.6pc of income - the highest level since 1991, while the equivalent measure for non-financial businesses hit 28.8pc of their profits - the highest since 1992.

• The Government's finances dipped even deeper into the red, as the Chancellor suffered a record shortfall on his budget in November. The ONS said public-sector net borrowing was £11.2bn - the biggest since comparable records began in 1993. It brings the total lending so far this financial year to £36.2bn, and raising the likelihood that Chancellor Alistair Darling will overshoot his £38bn forecast this year.

Borrowed from the Telegraph. Debt fears push sterling to 20 month low - Telegraph

I hope they don't mind.

Looks like we're all in the same boat after all.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I started a thread earlier on how the Americans call any sold on debt 'Zombie-Debt'. This is because it keeps resurrecting itself at odd intervals with no seeming control behind it.

If you google it you will see the term is in quite wide use in the US and, more importantly, is seen as a subject for concern.

On the thread are examples of how this could be used as a 'sound-bite'.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

If the Chancellor can't manage his finances, how can anyone criticise us less knowledgable peeps? How are we supposed to be able to use a crystal ball when the government obviously don't have that facility either? ;)

My thoughts exactly :rolleyes: