Default on Credit Record by Littlewoods Incorrectly! What action can I take?

MrCarl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

6 Months ago I tried to purchase a xbox360 from littlewoods (great universal) after a shambles of a order, failed deliveries, no cards left from courier the xbox360 was returned to sender and the order cancelled...

Or so I thought!

The day before yesterday I get a letter from a debt recovery company saying I owe over £300 etc, I phone them and find out who its from etc and they confirm a default has been left on my account!

To cut a long story short I have contacted littlewoods who have confirmed this is a mistake, told me to write a letter and the default will be removed etc.

What id like is some advice on what to do now? quickest way to get this resolved and also id I can take any legal action against littlewoods and get compensation for the stress and damage to my credit score etc...

Thanks...

I bought my xbox from toys r us months ago, never placing an order with littlewoods/great universal ever again...

Just wondered more from a legal perspective if I could do anything...

Guest 10110001

You can claim damages from the retailer if:

1. They pass adverse information about you, that is later proven to be incorrect or fraudulent to a credit reference agency, and...

2. You subsequently take out a loan or a mortgage, and the lender calculates your interest rate based on your circumstances, and...

4. You pay a higher rate of interest than you would have otherwise paid, if that adverse information were not given to a credit agency.

Ask your lender to recalculate the interest rate omitting the adverse information, total the difference between the two rates of interest, and ask the retailer in writing to pay you that difference as a fincnacil loss resulting from their negligence.

If they rebut then file a claim in the small claims track citing Mulholland vs. Sky Subscriber Services (Scotland) Ltd as a legal precedent.